Trump Supports Gun Ban for Fly/Terror List

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trump Supports Gun Ban for Fly/Terror List

Post by NotRPB »

It isn't like some list of Conservatives exists for governmental use against them, I mean Lois Lerner and the IRS can tell you they'd never target such a list of Conservatives.

DHS Secretary: Right-Wingers Pose Same Threat As Islamic Jihadists
http://pamelageller.com/2016/06/dhs-sec ... QcKNbf2QOP

:headscratch

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

K.Mooneyham wrote:And when the members who make up the NRA let the leadership of the organization know they don't like this proposal, and WHY they don't, then that will be relayed to Mr. Trump. And the Democrat Party will still be angry at Trump and the NRA, for not disarming Americans. The difference between Trump and Hillary, the real difference, is that he actually bothers to go out and hear some non-liberal opinion on a subject, and perhaps learns something in the process. Hillary's way is the crooked Democrat way, no ifs, no ands, no buts. The NRA will set him straight on this one.
She supports the Second Amendment. She just doesn't want anyone to have guns.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by psijac »

They don't run NCIS check in Texas on LTC holders. Practically speaking we are unaffected. We have been shot in the back by our own canidate, but he hit a SAPI plate. Unless being on the no fly list affect license status, or you happen to care about due process
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

psijac wrote:They don't run NCIS check in Texas on LTC holders. Practically speaking we are unaffected. We have been shot in the back by our own canidate, but he hit a SAPI plate. Unless being on the no fly list affect license status, or you happen to care about due process
The run the NICS check whenever you apply for and renew LTC. So you have 5 years to buy without NICS check if you get on the list exactly after you get/renew your license. And that's if they don't start requiring NICS for license holders as part of the new legislation that would be required to implement this abuse of due process.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The Wall wrote:I would have thought this was already being done. If you're being investigated by FBI or any other law enforcement entity wouldn't it show up when purchasing a gun or getting a LTC? I think most people are under the impression this is already in play. That's why they are questioning how this Orlando terrorist was able to easily purchase guns. I heard the FBI took him off of the watch list after their investigation.
Unless that QA on Federal form has Yes, like been convicted of federal crime, the NICS would come up with no hits.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

ScottDLS wrote:
The Wall wrote:I would have thought this was already being done. If you're being investigated by FBI or any other law enforcement entity wouldn't it show up when purchasing a gun or getting a LTC? I think most people are under the impression this is already in play. That's why they are questioning how this Orlando terrorist was able to easily purchase guns. I heard the FBI took him off of the watch list after their investigation.
Because it would take Federal legislation to invoke this. You are "under investigation" by any law enforcement agency? So what? It doesn't make you a prohibited person. I don't want the Feds getting a new excuse to take away people's rights. Maybe DHS shouldn't hire you as a contractor though...
I was just basically making an inquiry, and I'm not a contractor. :cool:

ralewis

Post by ralewis »

locke_n_load wrote:http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/donal ... n-control/

Despicable but expected. Cruz wouldn't have supported this.

And I will officially renounce my lifetime NRA membership if they go along with this.
I think we're going to lose this one. My hope is that when they include those on the watch list, they also include an expedited (at gov't expense) review process to challenge/get removed if indicated.

I also think we're headed down the 'assault' (aka anything that looks scary) weapons ban path or perhaps at least some sort of special licensing/background checks for 'assault" (aka anything that looks scary) weapons. Politicians are coin operated, and once they feel the public sentiment shifting (especially in an election year), they'll rationalize why something like this is justified. Even among my friends and colleagues who are generally supportive of gun issues, they are questioning how apparently easy it is to get an 'assault' (aka anything that looks scary) weapon since the Orlando massacre.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Donald Trump wrote:
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 15, 2016
Above is what Trump allegedly said. Yet the Libertarian Republic (whatever the heck that is) titled the article "Donald Trump Just Flipped on Gun Control. Garbage, you lying Libertarian rag! Unfortunately, the OP here on the Forum titled this thread "Trump Supports Gun Ban for Fly/Terror List. That too is garbage! It's disgusting how "our" people will blast anti-gunners for using the same tactics used here. Do you smell that? That's the smell of credibility going up in smoke.

Anyone who believes the NRA is going to support this crap is in need of constant supervision. If Trump meets with the NRA, learns what the No Fly and/or Terrorist Watch List is, do you really think he's going to support it in direct opposition to the NRA? Get real people. He was asked a question in light of the slaughter in Orlando by a man the FBI has investigated twice. What do you think he's going to say! The Trump-haters are always looking for something to attack and you aren't going to use the Forum to do it. You're going to have to engage in your backdoor support of Hillary Clinton elsewhere.

Chas.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

locke_n_load wrote:
parabelum wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/donal ... n-control/

Despicable but expected. Cruz wouldn't have supported this.

And I will officially renounce my lifetime NRA membership if they go along with this.
He said he will meet with NRA to discuss.

Let me ask, if you are in charge and you are approached by someone who is on watch list due to being an ISIS sympathizer who has not yet done anything to break the law per se but he/she wants to come in and buy a gun from you now, what would you do in all honesty?

Let me ask, are you ok with Americans having their rights stripped from them without the due process of law? Guilty until proven innocent?
You don't agree with the current administration, you get put on the secret list. You don't know you are on the list. You don't know who put you on the list. And you don't know how to get off of the list.
Secret Courts, McCarthyism, Salem Witch Trials, then the Terrorist and No Fly List. Pretty much all the same thing.

I would be the last person to support this.
The scenario I tossed there was an effort to be cerebral and pragmatic about this.

There is no way I'm on board for this or any fascist government to yank rights from persons who have not had due process. Period.

Having said that, I'm also not on board with thousands of ISIS sympathizing pigs having uninhibited access to whatever arsenal they wish to acquire. It's a conundrum that's not as black and white as pro 2A/constitution or against.

So again I ask, what would be the best realistic solution to this?

If it's me, I'd toss Jeh and BO and their ilk in the slammer, start surveillance in mosques just the way it was in NYC post 9/11 (sorry, this is about survival), increase selection on who is in charge of "the watch list" to include a coalition of NRA board members, investigate ACLU gang, and fast track the prosecution of persons know to have active ties to ISIS and other Islamofascist terror cells in particular.
What I wanted to see/hear is more ideas and less Trump bashing, no offense.

rotor

Post by rotor »

I wonder if Hillary being investigated by the FBI could buy a gun?

wil

Post by wil »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

Above is what Trump allegedly said. Yet the Libertarian Republic (whatever the heck that is) titled the article "Donald Trump Just Flipped on Gun Control. Garbage, you lying Libertarian rag! Unfortunately, the OP here on the Forum titled this thread "Trump Supports Gun Ban for Fly/Terror List. That too is garbage! It's disgusting how "our" people will blast anti-gunners for using the same tactics used here. Do you smell that? That's the smell of credibility going up in smoke.

Anyone who believes the NRA is going to support this crap is in need of constant supervision. If Trump meets with the NRA, learns what the No Fly and/or Terrorist Watch List is, do you really think he's going to support it in direct opposition to the NRA? Get real people. He was asked a question in light of the slaughter in Orlando by a man the FBI has investigated twice. What do you think he's going to say! The Trump-haters are always looking for something to attack and you aren't going to use the Forum to do it. You're going to have to engage in your backdoor support of Hillary Clinton elsewhere.

Chas.
Well said.

Trump has said repeatedly, he's going to find the very best people available for any given situation.
Pretty much doing what he said he'd do in regards to this. Sit down with likely the best available people in the world regarding how to address something like this and get himself educated on the facts, then make a decision.
Last time I checked, there's a gent named Mr Cotton who has something to do with the NRA, wonder what kind've an earful he might give Trump in regards to something like this? I'll let that speak for itself...

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

Chas.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-d ... le/2593977
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

suthdj wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

Chas.
Bingo.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

parabelum wrote: I would be the last person to support this.
The scenario I tossed there was an effort to be cerebral and pragmatic about this.

There is no way I'm on board for this or any fascist government to yank rights from persons who have not had due process. Period.

Having said that, I'm also not on board with thousands of ISIS sympathizing pigs having uninhibited access to whatever arsenal they wish to acquire. It's a conundrum that's not as black and white as pro 2A/constitution or against.

There's no pragmatism in suggesting that any gun law is going to inhibit a terrorist's access to weapons.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

suthdj wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

Chas.
The Washington Examiner paraphrased Chris Cox statement to twist it trying to show the NRA supported total blocking of people on the list. The actual statment should be read vs the article in the liberal rag that tried to say they want the purchases totally denied https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016061 ... watchlists
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”