Gun pulled during argument in Cinemark theater in Kentucky

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Gun pulled during argument in Cinemark theater in Kentucky

Post by bblhd672 »

http://westkentuckystar.com/News/Local- ... -Trek.aspx

This incident could cause Cinemark theaters to ban concealed carry. So many better ways to handle this situation than getting into an argument.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun pulled during argument in Cinemark theater in Kentucky

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:http://westkentuckystar.com/News/Local- ... -Trek.aspx

This incident could cause Cinemark theaters to ban concealed carry. So many better ways to handle this situation than getting into an argument.

:iagree:

Sometimes just a polite request to the parent to have their child stop kicking the seat will suffice. I thought Cinemark already banned carry of any kind in their theaters, but if not, this will sure give them a reason to do so. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Did the guy have a Kentucky CDWL? or an Illinois permit, since that's where he was from?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

If you cant control your temper and dont know how to deescalate a situation. You shouldnt own much less carry a gun.

Just my opinion

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:http://westkentuckystar.com/News/Local- ... -Trek.aspx

Sometimes just a polite request to the parent to have their child stop kicking the seat will suffice. I thought Cinemark already banned carry of any kind in their theaters, but if not, this will sure give them a reason to do so. :banghead:

Cinemark theaters in DFW area only post 30.07. I was CC in a Cinemark yesterday watching Star Trek.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

bblhd672 wrote:Cinemark theaters in DFW area only post 30.07. I was CC in a Cinemark yesterday watching Star Trek.
:iagree: Most Cinemark's in my area are usually posted 30.07. Since y wife is uneasy in theaters most of the time, we won't go in a theater that is posted for both 30.06/07.

Edited: I am also curious to see if he had a CCW permit
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Hopefully, they won't react with a knee jerk and post all locations. Knee jerk reactions in response to isolated events in one reason we have too many limitations and laws.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

He should be charged. Jack wagons like that give us a bad rap.

I don't go to theaters because of that very problem (kids of all ages in the theater...)
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:He should be charged. Jack wagons like that give us a bad rap.

I don't go to theaters because of that very problem (kids of all ages in the theater...)
Alamo Drafthouse all the way. They don't let little kids in to the place except on Tuesdays I think it is. They also don't play around with people being disruptive. AMC also has locations that have theaters that are age restricted, but it's AMC so that rules it out for those of us that come here.
NRA Benefactor Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Yeah...put up a 30.06 sign at your theaters in Texas...cuz that will stop a guy from Illinois from pulling a gun in your theater in Kentucky... :banghead:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

ScottDLS wrote:Yeah...put up a 30.06 sign at your theaters in Texas...cuz that will stop a guy from Illinois from pulling a gun in your theater in Kentucky... :banghead:
There you go trying to bring logic and reason into things again. What's up with that?
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Yeah...logic and reason...My bad. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”