Wells Fargo anti gun/weapon stance

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wells Fargo anti gun/weapon stance

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pariah3j wrote:I wonder if this could potentially open them up to a discrimination lawsuit or something of the like - Hogue is better off with a better bank and someone who will fit their needs. But if it as was stated and Wells Fargo sought their business out and now are trying to drop them, to me that has brought an unnecessary burden upon Hogue. But I'm sure a business or individual practicing their 2A rights doesn't get the same consideration as one of the special snowflake classes.
I know there is a legal concept of liability when you promise a business arrangement with someone and they suffer harm because you then back out of the deal. The classic case is me offering a person a job, them quitting their current job and me then revoking my job offer for no good reason. I wonder if something similar might apply here. After all, Wells Fargo should have known the company's business when they enticed them to switch, so it's not like they suddenly discovered any new info. And switching banking relationships, twice, in a short time is not without cost (in time and dollars).

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

It didn't say Hogue had already switched to Wells. They just said they had made the decision to work with Wells after Wells pursued them. Suing is way overused and it doesn't sound like there is a ground for a suit. I think publicizing the situation and then utilizing a local or regional bank is the best move.

I also don't believe it's appropriate to view people of color or handicapped persons as "special snowflakes". Too many entitled snowflakes suing people is much to blame on our current situation.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

I don't understand, any bank's refusal to work with gun manufacturers, sellers, or accessories vendors. Sales for these items are at an all time high, profits are through the roof, as a business decision, it makes absolutely no sense. It is the same as pension funds refusing to buy stock in companies like Ruger and Smith and Wesson.

Hogue can definitely do better, and have been a successful company for many years. I say it will be Wells Fargo's loss. These companies will continue to be successful, and make profits.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

mojo84 wrote:It didn't say Hogue had already switched to Wells. They just said they had made the decision to work with Wells after Wells pursued them. Suing is way overused and it doesn't sound like there is a ground for a suit. I think publicizing the situation and then utilizing a local or regional bank is the best move.

I also don't believe it's appropriate to view people of color or handicapped persons as "special snowflakes". Too many entitled snowflakes suing people is much to blame on our current situation.
I misread it then, I thought it said after switching to them they dropped them. I don't recommend suing for everything or much to be honest. But a company pursuing you and getting to switch(assuming the switch had already happened) and then dropping your company would be grounds for some sort of compensation I think.

And 'special snowflakes' wasn't necessarily aimed at legitimate protected classes. As you pointed out, its more aimed at some of the more PC additions as of late, and those who just generally think of themselves as deserving some sort of protected status for no good reason.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

If there was ever a rationale for paying off the mortgage, this is it.

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

At least Prosperity Bank allows you to C C in there lobby , and open carry in drive through.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Disappointing to hear about Wells Fargo/Hogue; I thought I'd read that Congress had made progress in, un, choking out Operation Chokepoint.

I will say that I switched from Chase to Wells Fargo after a Chase branch refused to accept my CHL as a second form of ID. I'd gone into a branch to get a cashier's check drawn against my business checking account. Gave them my TXDL and CHL; they wouldn't accept the latter. Argued the point, got the branch manager, no dice. Finally offered up a VISA card (with no photo on it) which they happily accepted.

Got my cashier's check, then went to Wells Fargo. Explained to them what had led me to seek a different bank, opened up business checking & savings accounts, and used my TXDL and CHL to do so.

I've open carried into their lobby a handful of times this year, nobody cares.

I'd like to think that the Hogue situation is Federal chokepoint influence that hasn't been stamped out yet, rather than a cultural issue at W.F.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JALLEN »

The issue I've found with WF the last 30 years or so is malevolent incompetence. It seemed to be getting worse, although I've taken pains to have no dealings with it in my retirement.

It seems this might be a result of "risk management" which seems to hold that you can get away with appalling incompetence most of the time, so the cost of knowing what you are doing is largely wasted, and few customers are big enough to get your skivvies in a wad about.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

More, from Daily Signal...Wells Fargo Hogue...interesting...
Dave :txflag:

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

blackdog8200 wrote:Chase is just as bad. Would not process a debit card for my kimber 1911 purchase from a dealer with "gun" in the name
..... So I used my bank of America card instead.
Thats odd, I buy lots of stuff including guns with my debit card. Several have Guns in the title.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Closed my Wells Fargo account last Saturday .

jailbird

Post by jailbird »

I'm not entirely surprised. My Illinois-based credit union refused to give us a business checking account for our small FFL business because of the same thing. They said it was against their policies.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Wells Fargo Settles Fraud Case for $185M
Published September 08, 2016 Financials Reuters

Wells Fargo on Thursday reached a settlement with the Los Angeles prosecutor and federal regulators who accused the lender of pushing customers into multiple, fee-generating accounts that they never requested.

Wells Fargo, the largest U.S. bank by market cap, will pay $185 million in fines and penalties plus restitution to customers, according to a statement from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and Los Angeles prosecutor's office were also parties to the settlement.

In a complaint filed in May 2015, California prosecutors alleged that Wells Fargo for years pushed customers into costly financial products that they did not need or even request.

The bank opened more than 2 million deposit and credit card accounts that may not have been authorized, according to the CFPB.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Here's another article on the Wells Fargo situation.

http://theresurgent.com/wells-fargo-fir ... ign=buffer
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I'm not on here to defend Wells Fargo, but just to relay my own experience's with them. I have had several different checking and savings accounts with so many different banks over the years I can't even remember some of their names and by far, I have had the least amount of issues with Wells Fargo than any other bank. Actually, none so far. As of right now, I have my checking, savings and home mortgage through them. The mortgage for over 12 years. They have always had great customer service, especially with the mortgage side of things. I have always carried (c/c) every time I go in local branches and have never seen any signs at any branches. I've used my WF debit card to purchase many firearms with no issues either. I switched my checking and savings from Chase because they were screwing up my accounts almost on a monthly basis, not mention the high fees they charge for seemed like everything. Maybe I have just been one the lucky ones! I haven't read in depth all about the issue with Hogue, but I suspect there is more to story. I really don't know. As for now, I haven't had a good enough reason to switch from WF. YMMV :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”