Wells Fargo anti gun/weapon stance

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Wells Fargo anti gun/weapon stance

Post by mojo84 »

Txglock, Apparently a lot of their customers have had a much different experience since over 5000 employees were fired for fraud involving many of Wells Fargo customers. Glad you were spared the headache many of their customers suffered.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

txglock21 wrote:I'm not on here to defend Wells Fargo, but just to relay my own experience's with them. I have had several different checking and savings accounts with so many different banks over the years I can't even remember some of their names and by far, I have had the least amount of issues with Wells Fargo than any other bank. Actually, none so far. As of right now, I have my checking, savings and home mortgage through them. The mortgage for over 12 years. They have always had great customer service, especially with the mortgage side of things. I have always carried (c/c) every time I go in local branches and have never seen any signs at any branches. I've used my WF debit card to purchase many firearms with no issues either. I switched my checking and savings from Chase because they were screwing up my accounts almost on a monthly basis, not mention the high fees they charge for seemed like everything. Maybe I have just been one the lucky ones! I haven't read in depth all about the issue with Hogue, but I suspect there is more to story. I really don't know. As for now, I haven't had a good enough reason to switch from WF. YMMV :tiphat:

When I stroked and my wife had to step in and handle the finances, Well Fargo initially denied I even had a business account with them. We had to produce a statement before they would acknowledge we had an account. Even though my wife was a signatory on the account they placed every road block imaginable in here path. Chase on the other hand could not have been more sympathetic and helpful to my wife. Both of the accounts were commercial business accounts.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I wonder if Wells Fargo doesn't do business with Amazon. I've bought several knives through Amazon.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

KLB

Post by KLB »

President Hillary will, no doubt, double down on and expand Operation Chokepoint, banning all banking services to to all manufacturers and retailers of weapons and ammo. She need not confiscate guns to have effective gun control. After one or more Supreme Court appointments, she'll encounter no legal impediment.

Of course, the regulatory definition of a bank is an institution that both accepts demand deposits and makes commercial loans. If Operation Chokepoint blossoms, we'll see what wriggle room can be carved out for companies that do either one or the other of those activities and thus would be unregulated financial institutions.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Interesting that the government would tell anyone that online sales of weapons is risky, but force banks to give high risk loans to people for houses that they can't afford or they will go after them for discrimination.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OPNLguy

Post by OPNLguy »

I've been following the subject issue for awhile now, and more recently, their multi-year effort ("scam" if you prefer) that their employees aggressively tried to cross-sell customers with additional accounts. When they couldn't meet those quotas, some 2,000,000 fake accounts were opened, without the knowledge or permission of the customer.

WF's CEO John Stumpf was the target of a Senate hearing today, and he took a beating from Dem Senator Elizabeth Warren, and others, and rightly so. I won't re-hash the testimony word-by-word, but it seems pretty clear that these were not 5,300 rogue employees, but just average ones pressured into trying meet quotas to save their jobs. The fact is that Stumpf touted the WF's high account numbers in quarterly earnings calls to investors and analysts to help their stock price rise some $30 a share during the period of the scam, and which netted him $200,000,000 during the same period. When the thing unraveled, no senior execs took any hits, but the 5,300 rank and file got thrown under the bus. Yet, he said he "accepted responsibility. Bovine fecal material...

After I watched this video, I immediately went to my local WF branch, and closed both my accounts. I felt bad for the frontline branch personnel (in their situation of having to "follow orders"), but the only way to get a corporations attention is to whack them in the head with a clue-by-4.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... ohn-stumpf

As an aside, when I went to another bank I use to re-deposit the funds, the teller said they'd seen a recent increase in new accounts from former WF customers. I suspect they'll see more once this video makes the rounds...

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JALLEN »

mojo84 wrote:Txglock, Apparently a lot of their customers have had a much different experience since over 5000 employees were fired for fraud involving many of Wells Fargo customers. Glad you were spared the headache many of their customers suffered.
If they can fire 5,000 of them, why can't they fire them all?

My appalling experiences with WF have all been with front line folks. You couldn't call a manager if you tried. Perhaps my assessment of malevolent incompetence was too generous. They were actually devious crooks, forced to do those things and condoned by management policies.

Don't be fooled. The banks have been nationalized, in all but name, and are under the complete control of the government.

It cracks me up to see the likes of Pocahontas hollering at the CEO of WF for dishonesty. Talk about being called ugly by a frog!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Elizabeth Warren is aka "liar-hontas".

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I've been happy with the service at Wells Fargo. They took care of us when my wife's purse was stolen and money was withdrawn from our checking. I'm keeping my mortgage, checking, and small savings accounts at WF, but I moved my IRA to USAA.
Charlie

a.nonimous

Post by a.nonimous »

chuck j wrote:Interesting link ;

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/regional/lgbt

Will be closing that account VERY shortly .

are you kidding me???? will be closing my accounts shortly--- this bank is difficult to deal with anyway and most of my business has been shifted to local CU anyway, I am really tired of having liberal causes shoved in my face while others are suppressed.... If I can order a rainbow card but not a card with a picture of my favorite pistol on it, we have a clash of values there........ :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

but in wells fargos favor, they do not post 30.06 here in texas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Stockholders are suing WF now. Many say they bought the stock based on false performance reports.

and this. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... eaking-law

It's getting ugly.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

For those that are interested, you can see John Stumpf's, CEO of Wells Fargo, congressional testimony here. https://www.c-span.org/

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Use bitcoin. or Monero. or a foreign bank. If it is internet business, then it doesn't matter where in the world your bank is.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”