Ted Cruz supports Trump

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Ted Cruz supports Trump

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

http://nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/politi ... trump.html

Looks like Mr. Cruz is going to fall in line behind Trump. Cabinet position with a win maybe? His reasoning makes sense to me - STOP Hillary.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ted Cruz supports Trump

Post by Abraham »

About time he sucked in his bottom lip.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Actually, I think Cruz said he is voting for Trump. I think he knows this election is about who will destroy the USA the slowest and he chose the slowest path. Not any intelligent choices in 2016.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

twomillenium wrote: Not any intelligent choices in 2016.
The intelligent choice is stopping Hillary
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Abraham wrote:About time he sucked in his bottom lip.
With what Trump said about Cruzs's family, he is luck not to be nursing a fat lip.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:
With what Trump said about Cruzs's family, he is luck not to be nursing a fat lip.
:iagree:

The ONLY reason to vote for Trump is to beat Hillary. We're stuck with a big government, Democrat supporting, blow hard, buffoon as the Republican nominee. This crud sandwich was forced on us by a plurality of primary voters and by a compliant media who knew he was the one "Republican" that could probably lose to Hillary.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

KLB

Post by KLB »

ScottDLS wrote:The ONLY reason to vote for Trump is to beat Hillary.
Yes, and that's all the reason we need. An article called "The Flight 93 Election" offers a metaphor for this election that sums up how I see it.
http://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/ ... -election/

A Trump presidency would be like a conventional game of Russian Roulette. You spin the cylinders, pull the trigger, and hope there's no round in the chamber. A Hillary presidency would be like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded semiautomatic. There would be only one possible outcome.

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

ScottDLS wrote:
The ONLY reason to vote for Trump is to beat Hillary. We're stuck with a big government, Democrat supporting, blow hard, buffoon as the Republican nominee. This crud sandwich was forced on us by a plurality of primary voters and by a compliant media who knew he was the one "Republican" that could probably lose to Hillary.
I agree except for the blame on the media conspiracy part. I think they were just being manipulated too, frequently predicting that the next Trump misstatement would be his last. Incredible.

It seems to me that the Republican "leadership" just let it happen, just watching and playing it safe, i.e. doing nothing as usual. There must be many desperate folks who want change, any change, no matter how dumb it might be. Watch out Canada and Mexico, the immigration problem may be us!! :leaving
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

dale blanker wrote:Watch out Canada and Mexico, the immigration problem may be us!! :leaving
OT, but I saw an interview with a real estate agent who, as a joke, put up a billboard that said something like "Moving to Canada in November? We can help!" :smilelol5:

IIRC, he said it's been their most successful advertising campaign.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

ScottDLS wrote:
WTR wrote:
:iagree:

Yeah, because the milquetoast types that we've been offered before have worked out SO well, haven't they? And the GOP Congress has done such a great job of reigning in the excesses of the Obama administration.

If a tireless minority of voters hadn't been so strident about the subject, I'm sure the Republican Congress would have given O whatever he wanted on gun control, too. I'll go with the blowhard for now; if he screws up later, then how hard will it be for the Republicans to take him down a notch or two? After all, they don't seem to have any problems eating their own, just a problem going after those that want to ruin the USA, like the current POTUS has done.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

He better support Trump or he loses my vote!

talltex

Post by talltex »

ScottDLS wrote:

I have to disagree ...only with the last part of the statement. The media, along with the rest of the country, have no reason to believe that any Republican candidate can beat Hillary. In the last election, a middle of the road, well respected and qualified Mitt Romney couldn't get 48% of the vote against Barack Hussein Obama, who at that time had the lowest Presidential approval rating in history. I didn't see anyone on the vast stage of Republican candidates during the primaries that I was sure could have beat her....and that is sad. As long as the Republican party continues to alienate "single issue voters" they cannot win a national election. it is that 4 to 7% of the voters who absolutely will not vote for a candidate who does not support their viewpoint on one issue that have been costing them elections. Romney was correct in his unfortunate statement that no matter what they do, there are 47% of the voters that would vote for Obama no matter what the Republicans did. The Republican party needs to stick to governmental issues on their platform and stay silent on issues of morality, and their candidates need to remain silent on their personal beliefs concerning societal moral issues such as abortion and same sex marriage. Those issues have been decided already by the SCOTUS. The candidates should answer questions by stating "my personal beliefs about that issue are just that, my personal beliefs. The law of the land is clear and as President I am duty bound to abide by those rulings, whatever they may be, now or in the future." That small percentage who are not pledged to either party can decide the election over one issue. There are many in that group that are fiscally conservative but socially more liberal who simply will not support a candidate they think will support repeal one of those rulings.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

talltex,

So you're saying you'll vote for Trump?

Hip hip Hooray!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I think Cruz saw his political career vanishing in front of his face and decided to try and save it.
Now, I was a Cruz supporter, didn't and still don't like Trump, but, he is far better than what the alternative is.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

RPBrown wrote:I think Cruz saw his political career vanishing in front of his face and decided to try and save it.
Now, I was a Cruz supporter, didn't and still don't like Trump, but, he is far better than what the alternative is.
I really don't think Cruz's political career was vanishing, at least in Texas. Cruz made the decision to vote for Trump, not because of Trump, but because Trump is the best of the bad choices we have in 2016. I think Trump will return to his history of liberalism, I would so like to be wrong and find out that Trump really is a lot more conservative than he was 3 years ago.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”