George Soros’s Son Dumps $100,000 Into California Ammo Control Efforts

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

George Soros’s Son Dumps $100,000 Into California Ammo Control Efforts

Post by Vol Texan »

These people will stop at nothing.
Democratic mega-donor Alexander Soros has given $100,000 to support the “yes” campaign on a California ballot measure that would ban possession of large-capacity magazines, require the California Department of Justice to maintain a list of all residents authorized to purchase ammunition and would prohibit Californians from purchasing ammo without first obtaining the authorization of the California Department of Justice.

Even though he is a New York resident, Soros — the son of left-wing financier George Soros — is one of the top 10 biggest donors behind the “yes” campaign on Proposition 63, according to the California Fair Political Practices Commission.

If passed, the ballot would ban the possession of large-capacity ammunition magazines, regardless of when they were purchased. Current California law already bans the possession of such magazine but has an exemption for magazines purchased before the year 2000.

Prop. 63 would also require all ammo purchasers to first obtain a $50 permit from the California DOJ. The state government would also be required to keep tabs on who is or isn’t authorized to purchase ammunition.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/06/georg ... z4MKqSyJQn
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Re: George Soros’s Son Dumps $100,000 Into California Ammo Control Efforts

Post by Pawpaw »

More and more each day I find myself cheering for the San Andreas Fault. :banghead:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Pawpaw wrote:More and more each day I find myself cheering for the San Andreas Fault. :banghead:
:lol::
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

One more reason to avoid California. Would love to see some of the back country around california, but I refuse to visit (and pay sales tax) somewhere that burdens its citizens so much.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I am continuously reminded of why I love Texas. It's not just Kalifornia. My brother who lives in Washington tells me that if I was to visit him, he could not legally let me shoot one of his guns at the range since any "transfer of possession" is restricted, no matter how temporary it might be.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I am continuously reminded of why I love Texas. It's not just Kalifornia. My brother who lives in Washington tells me that if I was to visit him, he could not legally let me shoot one of his guns at the range since any "transfer of possession" is restricted, no matter how temporary it might be.
Has it really been interpreted that way in Washington...? There must be something in the water....or coffee.... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

DocV

Post by DocV »

How can I contact this Soros person? I have an Ammo control program that I can implement for a mere 50 grand.
:fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Same thing Illinois does with their FOID card. Why I will avoid CA and IL (altho I can carry in my car in IL).
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

KLB

Post by KLB »

I was stationed in California in the early 70s, and I recall some regrets when I left. The regrets have not lingered.

Nicolai

Post by Nicolai »

There is a story circulating in the Phoenix area that George Soros has contributed $300K to efforts to defeat Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Not clear if money went to a PAC or directly to Sheriff Joe's opponent.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Nicolai wrote:There is a story circulating in the Phoenix area that George Soros has contributed $300K to efforts to defeat Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Not clear if money went to a PAC or directly to Sheriff Joe's opponent.
The way I understand it the only people who don't like Sheriff Arpaio are criminals and liberals.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Pawpaw wrote:More and more each day I find myself cheering for the San Andreas Fault. :banghead:
So you want a mega-quake in California that would send a lot of refugees our way? No thanks.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Pawpaw,

Watch the disaster movie "San Andreas", it'll gladden your heart.

It did mine...plus, it's hilarious without meaning to be.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

CleverNickname wrote:
So you want a mega-quake in California that would send a lot of refugees our way? No thanks.
If it ever lets go, I don't think there will be very many refugees.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”