Trump cabinet picks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Trump cabinet picks

Post by vjallen75 »

I do know my wife has heard a few things about him online about him not being liked in the Senate. I guess I need to do more research on a few things. I thought it was a good idea because of him being young and conservative.

Thanks for the input! :tiphat:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

vjallen75 wrote:I read an article last night someone posted on facebook saying Ted Cruz would be perfect for one of his Supreme Court Justice pick..

Thoughts? :bigear:

Ted Cruz would be the most Constitutional Justice outside of Scalia, but, at least for now, I'd rather see him stay where he is, to battle the Left and the Rhinos. He is one of the few politicians who went to Washington and did exactly what he said he would do, no matter which side of the aisle is offended.
JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Jusme wrote:Ted Cruz would be the most Constitutional Justice outside of Scalia, but, at least for now, I'd rather see him stay where he is, to battle the Left and the Rhinos. He is one of the few politicians who went to Washington and did exactly what he said he would do, no matter which side of the aisle is offended.
JMHO
I voted for Cruz in the primaries and I'll be honest. I voted for him based off of what I heard him say in a few videos posted on the forum. I felt like I could get on board with him but I did no other research past that. So I bow to other opinions in this regards for education on him
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

If Cruz were to move on to SCOTUS, we could ask Jerry Patterson to step up and run for Cruz' seat.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Can someone get word to President-Elect Trump to nominate Scott Walker for Labor Secretary?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Cruz talked a good game and had a lot of people (including me) fooled for a while. Then he showed he has no idea what he's doing. Here's the guy that will put everything he's got into fighting a mouse while the rats infest the rest of the building.

Then came the primaries and his tantrum when he lost to Trump. That firmly proved that Ted is all about Ted.

If I were Trump, I'd appoint him Ambassador to Alpha Centauri.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Sid Miller for Ag Secretary could be interesting. I actually like the guy as long as he stays far enough away most of the time. (And his nursery is right across the street from my office, so sending him to DC would be a big difference in distance.)

What are the actual qualifications for AG? I mean, Joe Arpaio's available now...

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

KD5NRH wrote:Sid Miller for Ag Secretary could be interesting. I actually like the guy as long as he stays far enough away most of the time. (And his nursery is right across the street from my office, so sending him to DC would be a big difference in distance.)

What are the actual qualifications for AG? I mean, Joe Arpaio's available now...
Nah, put Joe Arpaio in charge of ICE
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Flightmare wrote:
KD5NRH wrote:Sid Miller for Ag Secretary could be interesting. I actually like the guy as long as he stays far enough away most of the time. (And his nursery is right across the street from my office, so sending him to DC would be a big difference in distance.)

In my little world, that would seem perfect.
Just some guy's opinion.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

I'd love to see Rudy in charge of Homeland Security.
And Sheriff David Clarke over the FBI.
And Cruz in the Supreme Court.

Then dig deep and finds someone like Wisconsin's Matt Adamczyk to run the Department of Education.
Last Wednesday, in the grand Beaux-Arts Capitol here, throngs of lawmakers and tourists milled around upstairs. Matt Adamczyk, the newly elected state treasurer, however, was in his basement office — alone.

Just a week earlier, there were two other employees in the office, but Mr. Adamczyk had them fired, explaining that they were a waste of taxpayer money and no longer needed. Laptops and telephones were scattered around a table, remnants from a time when the treasurer’s office was much busier.

Next on Mr. Adamczyk’s to-do list: Get rid of his own job.

In what may be the ultimate expression of many Republicans’ desire to whittle down government to the bone, Mr. Adamczyk ran for treasurer on the promise to eliminate the position during his one and only term in office.
I bet he could get rid of it once and for all, then assign him to be Secretary of Energy.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Flightmare wrote:

Maybe higher; all of DHS.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Flightmare wrote:

He'd make a good FBI Director :clapping: :clapping:
N5PNZ

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

How about Ted Nugent as director of the ATF, he is a sworn peace officer, very knowledgable on firearms, ...
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ELB »

G.A. Heath wrote:How about Ted Nugent as director of the ATF, he is a sworn peace officer, very knowledgable on firearms, ...
Or Secretary of Interior if Palin declines... :mrgreen:
USAF 1982-2005

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jusme wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:I read an article last night someone posted on facebook saying Ted Cruz would be perfect for one of his Supreme Court Justice pick..

Thoughts? :bigear:

Ted Cruz would be the most Constitutional Justice outside of Scalia, but, at least for now, I'd rather see him stay where he is, to battle the Left and the Rhinos. He is one of the few politicians who went to Washington and did exactly what he said he would do, no matter which side of the aisle is offended.
JMHO
Cruz has accomplished nothing because he won't work with anyone. It's his way or no way, so he accomplishes nothing. On the Supreme Court, he would be in a position to restore the Constitution to the law of the land.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”