Court house signs

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Overthehill
Posts in topic: 3

Court house signs

Post by Overthehill »

The court house in San Patricio County has become a strange area. Once open carry passed they displayed 30.06 and 30.07 signs then a few weeks later removed them and put up a 30.07 in English only and a 30.06 in Spanish only. A few weeks passed and they now proudly display the correct, but illegal, 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Also have 30.07 on the annex in another town with a JP court inside but no 30.06. Was in another town today in a private office building which rents space to the local JP and the doors were plastered with 30.06 and 30.07. Asked a non JP worker there why the signs were up and she stated that the Deputy Sheriff came by and asked the JP where the signs for the door were and informed them to purchase and post the building, in which they are only a tenant. Other businesses in the building just went along since it was the Sheriff's department telling them the building had to be posted. Perhaps the incoming County Attorney will show some sense but doubtful.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Court house signs

Post by bblhd672 »

Are you going to notify the appropriate county persons that they have signs that are in violation of the law? You must do that before anything can be done by the Attorney General.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Have been thinking that I should even though there is no doubt they are well aware of their legal infraction. Hard to believe it is a solidly conservative and supposedly a pro Second Amendment county sheriff, commissioners court and judge.

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AJSully421 »

Overthehill wrote:Have been thinking that I should even though there is no doubt they are well aware of their legal infraction. Hard to believe it is a solidly conservative and supposedly a pro Second Amendment county sheriff, commissioners court and judge.
There is something about guns that makes people's brains leak out of their ears. And that can be taken a couple of ways.

I have seen some pretty pro-gun folks that don't really like open carry, but are rabid about Constitutional Concealed Carry... it takes all kinds I guess.

Our local police chief is all pro-concealed carry... just not in his police station. NIMBY I suppose.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Was ready to file on San Patricio County but seeing that a district judge has ruled in favor of courthouse ban for Waller County I believe it will be a better idea to wait until that case is finally resolved. Unbelievable that county commissioner courts can ignore state law, not to mention the Austin City Hall.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”