USACE in first 100 days?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

USACE in first 100 days?

Post by chasfm11 »

An issue to me is the "no guns" problem on Army Corps of Engineers land, particularly concealed carry. It is a bitter pill to swallow that I can carry in Yellowstone (with limits) and not at all on the shore of Lake Grapevine here in Texas.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it is my understanding that:

1. The no concealed carry on Corp property is an executive decision by the commander of the Corps.
2. The Corps has already lost on this topic in a Federal court case a couple of years back but the outcome was only applied to the land covered by that court. It would have taken filing lawsuits in every Federal jurisdiction (or at least a large number of them) which covers Corp property to turn it into a National policy.

If my expectations are correct, a short visit by the Corp leadership with the new President could fix this problem. It may not seem like much but to those of us with RVs, not being able to go to Corps run campgrounds because we refuse to disarm is a pain. Not only here in Texas does the Corp control some beautiful areas but across the country in places like Lake Hartwell near the Georgia/South Carolina border. It hurts to have to omit those options when we are traveling when most of the surrounding States offer reciprocity with Texas on concealed carry.

I've always thought this one was a no-brainer if the political obstacle was removed. That will happen with the new Congress and January 20th, 2017
Last edited by chasfm11 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: USACE in first 100 days?

Post by Liberty »

I think that Trump can easily make this change by executive order. It's all a matter of his priorities, after all he will have a country to run.
I do agree this is one of the most annoying federal regs. It is way too easy to fall afoul without realizing it. It's not always so obvious when we are on Corp of Engineers property.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Trump won the election and has a pen and a phone.

I so love repeating the same galling words the soon to be gone from the White House commie-in-chief was so very fond of pronouncing...

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:Trump won the election and has a pen and a phone.

I so love repeating the same galling words the soon to be gone from the White House commie-in-chief was so very fond of pronouncing...

How about "everyone else can get on the back of the bus we won" That was what BHO told the Republican minority in 2008.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

As the NRA was his largest backer (that Trump would accept), I am sure that they will be allowed to push for a couple specific items. I am not sure is this one needs to be on the top 3. However, he did say, that as part of his platform he wants to get rid of Gun Free Zones. We just have to wait and see! :cheers2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Liberty wrote:I think that Trump can easily make this change by executive order. It's all a matter of his priorities, after all he will have a country to run.
I do agree this is one of the most annoying federal regs. It is way too easy to fall afoul without realizing it. It's not always so obvious when we are on Corp of Engineers property.
Lake Whitney State Park is a great example of that. It is run by TP&W but is on Corps land. I shouldn't have to do a deed search to be able to visit a park run by the State that issued my LTC.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”