Zoning and the Second Amendment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Zoning and the Second Amendment

Post by Captain Matt »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I thought the left wanted to get rid of the "gun show loophole" by having people buy all their guns through licensed dealers. Sounds like the good folks in Alameda county now will need to rely solely on private sales instead.
Don't "private sales" (PPT) in California still have to go through a FFL?
"hic sunt dracones"

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I hope Ninjabread isn't going to Alameda.

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

What I find most interesting about this thread is the fact that per SCOTUS a municipality cannot prohibit a Sexually Oriented Business from operating inside the municipal boundries, they can control and make it difficult for said business to operate by restricting them to certain areas, prohibit alcohol sales and other hurdles to discourage them but they must allow them to exist. So by the Ninth ruling it's OK to have a topless joint but you can't sell guns from a gun store! Wonder how long before their ruling is struck down by SCOTUS!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Captain Matt wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I thought the left wanted to get rid of the "gun show loophole" by having people buy all their guns through licensed dealers. Sounds like the good folks in Alameda county now will need to rely solely on private sales instead.
Don't "private sales" (PPT) in California still have to go through a FFL?
Yes they do with the same NICS check, background check to the California DOJ, registration with the filing of a Dealer Record of Sale and a 10-day wait. Transfers are upwards of $100 in CA due to all of the paperwork required.

For those of you keeping score at home, two of the cities in Alameda county are Berkeley and Oakland.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”