Can an 18 year old legally have a handgun in his posession in Texas?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can an 18 year old legally have a handgun in his posession in Texas?

Post by bigtek »

CleverNickname wrote:An 18-20 y.o. can purchase a handgun and handgun ammo from a non-FFL. It doesn't have to be a gift.
It sounds like Rixuneaux Jr was not the legal owner, but was just a middleman in the sale. Jr is 18, so can the owner report the firearm stolen by Rixuneaux?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can an 18 year old legally have a handgun in his posession in Texas?

Post by rotor »

doncb wrote:I'd definitely get in touch with LE and have them take the gun. The 17yo wanting to unload a gun is a huge red flag. Especially when he wants someone else to do it. Here is what I see. The gun is stolen and the 17yo is holding hot property. Gets your son to sell it. Said gun is found to having been stolen / used in a crime. The person caught holding the gun rats on your son. Guess who the police are going to come for?
I agree. I would make your son do this. This is not a take him to the range and teach him safety rules, this is the issue of his friend putting him into a possible felony situation. Sounds like something from Chicago.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”