Another reason for high capacity magazines

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Another reason for high capacity magazines

Post by bblhd672 »

5-10 men invaded home in Houston:
http://abc13.com/news/violent-home-inva ... e/1683042/

Nope, don't think a 10 round magazine in my rifle would have been sufficient.

Then again, I don't keep $50,000 in cash and drugs in my house that would make 5-10 people want to break in either.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

vjallen75

Re: Another reason for high capacity magazines

Post by vjallen75 »

bblhd672 wrote:Then again, I don't keep $50,000 in cash and drugs in my house that would make 5-10 people want to break in either.
It's alarming that he had that much cash and drugs in t house with his children there. :nono:

Good that no one was hurt (Except for the father not that I'm happy that he was).
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Note to self:

ScottDLS,

Make sure you load up a few 30rd AR mags for quick access next to your drug and cash hoard...

---Ohh, never mind... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

That reminds me. I need to put a mag coupler on my AR-15. 60 rounds of freedom ready for anyone stupid enough to break into my house and threaten me.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Like most of you I don't have any drugs or much cash in the house, however I do keep a full Pmag D60 on my Tavor.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Then again, I don't keep $50,000 in cash and drugs in my house that would make 5-10 people want to break in either.
I'm sure that applies to all of us here, but don't discount the (remote?) possibility that the bad guys could accidentally pick the wrong house..
:-0
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

ghostrider wrote:
I'm sure that applies to all of us here, but don't discount the (remote?) possibility that the bad guys could accidentally pick the wrong house..
:-0
Yep; valid point. I remember back a few years ago to 03:30 one Saturday morning when I woke to insistent door-banging and doorbell ringing. Vid cam and intercom confirmed the two young ne'er do wells had the right house number but the wrong street name. Our subdivision has a few eponymous street names with different object nouns, like Autumn Meadow Dr., Autumn Falls Rd., Autumn Circle Ct. The intercom exchange was almost an old Cheech and Chong skit: "Where's Dave?" "Dave's not here"...except when I first wake up I sound like James Earl Jones with sore throat. If I could channel that all the time I could do voiceovers as cartoon villains. ;-)

Wasn't terribly worried: oh-dark-thirty home invaders aren't likely to ring the doorbell first; those are the waking-hours felons.

But it illustrates how easy it is for someone after money, drugs, or revenge to target the wrong house. And while I would expect the FBI to do a thorough job of vetting and planning, the local gangbanger who's after someone he thinks encroached on his territory or has wads of cash to steal...not so much.

I can't remember the last time I heard the term "home invasion" when the felony included only one VCA. Home invaders, almost always armed, also almost always come in multiples.

Everyone's home environment is different. Apartments or condos may have only one readily accessible plane of ingress, like a door and windows adjacent along the same wall. Someone on a nice large property may have have a long driveway with sensors to give audible alert of an approach, but also a whole lot of 360 to cover.

Things may change if we see more ISIS-inspired activity, but right now I'm more concerned about capacity at home than I am when I'm out and about. I've shot enough volume out of 5.56 40-round PMAGs to trust them, and that's what I go with.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

mr1337 wrote:That reminds me. I need to put a mag coupler on my AR-15. 60 rounds of freedom ready for anyone stupid enough to break into my house and threaten me.
Just get the surefire 60rd mag, mine is completely reliable and no mag changes.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

rm9792 wrote: Just get the surefire 60rd mag, mine is completely reliable and no mag changes.
I've often wondered if the Magpul 40 and 60 rd mags are as reliable as the "standard" 30rd magazines....
-Ruark

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Ruark wrote:
rm9792 wrote: Just get the surefire 60rd mag, mine is completely reliable and no mag changes.
I've often wondered if the Magpul 40 and 60 rd mags are as reliable as the "standard" 30rd magazines....
They definitely do not look as "tactical" as two 30rds taped together.... :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

No idea on magpuls but their products are pretty good. The surefire has never misfed on about 1000 rds.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”