Mossberg shockwave - request for AG opinion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mossberg shockwave - request for AG opinion

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Whitemagic wrote:UPDATE: Just NOW I called around to gun shops in Dallas. x2 of them said they would transfer a moss./remington (x1 shop actually has). x2 two shops said they are waiting for sept. 1st to read the official AG ruling in black and white... I called one shop in Houston and they said they sell/transfer ALOT of them. Sooooo :banghead:
What is the name of the shop in Houston?

Whitemagic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Whitemagic »

Fountain Firearms
"...And cousin, business is a-boomin'." -Lt. Aldo Raine

rm9792
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rm9792 »

CrimsonSoul wrote:
tx85 wrote:Via Twitter:
Alice wrote:Tonight in the TX House a Sen amendment was accepted on HB 1819 for suppressors and to allow sale in TX of Mossberg 590 Shockwave!!!
Not sure if I'm reading the bill right, did this legalize suppressors without an nfa tax stamp?
State laws cant override federal laws. States are trying this with preemption attempts if the nfa device is made in state and stays in state but no one has gone to court yet. Basis being it is not interstate commerce.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

rm9792 wrote:
CrimsonSoul wrote:
tx85 wrote:Via Twitter:
Alice wrote:Tonight in the TX House a Sen amendment was accepted on HB 1819 for suppressors and to allow sale in TX of Mossberg 590 Shockwave!!!
Not sure if I'm reading the bill right, did this legalize suppressors without an nfa tax stamp?
State laws cant override federal laws. States are trying this with preemption attempts if the nfa device is made in state and stays in state but no one has gone to court yet. Basis being it is not interstate commerce.
My understanding was more along the line that they removed the requirement of the NFA at state level, in hopes that the current Congress removes suppressors from the NFA item list(which is supposedly being looked at/worked on) - If I was understanding correctly, removing the State requirement, doesn't remove the federal requirement, but if the federal status/requirements change before the next TX legislation, we would have had to wait, or get a tax stamp anyways.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Put my name on one. I looked at the Remington 870 14 Tactical as well. Comes with a MagPul forend but has less capacity so I went with the Mossy.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”