Fire Mission

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fire Mission

Post by Flightmare »

the vast majority of Americans voluntarily relegate themselves to being personal-safety welfare dependents
I am definitely going to have to start using that in debates with people!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Good Article - his points are sad but true
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

AndyC.

"I'd ask for your kind (polite) support in his defense as the moonbats are gathering against him"

I'll be glad to.

How might you suggest we go about supporting him?

Letters to the editor or ...?

His article was spot on.

Who would argue against self defense...?

Oh yeah, gun control fanatics who'd rather you die than defend yourself...

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

I agree with his article. But why does it have to be a priority now, that reciprocity and the carrying of firearms is so important, and should be our focus because government officials were attacked. Anyone remember the Pulse nightclub attack. All of those people were at the mercy of the shooter and had to wait for law enforcement because of restrictive firearm laws. And there are so many other examples. Why does it seem our elected officials seem to only act fast when it affects them? I'm pretty tired of our government officials being almost entirely reactionary. Maybe being a little more proactive would serve the people better and possibly save a lot of lives.

KLB

Post by KLB »

bdgyeah wrote:Why does it seem our elected officials seem to only act fast when it affects them? I'm pretty tired of our government officials being almost entirely reactionary. Maybe being a little more proactive would serve the people better and possibly save a lot of lives.
Your point is good, but not useful. Accept allies when, where, and as you find them. If this is an opportunity to get something good done, let's take the opportunity. Disgust at potential allies' motives can wait until we've advanced our own cause as much as we can.

After all, we allied with Stalin to bring down Hitler.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

KLB wrote:
bdgyeah wrote:Why does it seem our elected officials seem to only act fast when it affects them? I'm pretty tired of our government officials being almost entirely reactionary. Maybe being a little more proactive would serve the people better and possibly save a lot of lives.
Your point is good, but not useful. Accept allies when, where, and as you find them. If this is an opportunity to get something good done, let's take the opportunity. Disgust at potential allies' motives can wait until we've advanced our own cause as much as we can.

After all, we allied with Stalin to bring down Hitler.
:iagree:

It feels better to only partner with people you agree with on 100% of all issues, but that approach is extremely ineffective.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”