Bum banging on my door.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bum banging on my door.

Post by WTR »

If you need the Police, I would call 911. I have called the non emergency number and they haven't even bothered to show or make a follow up call.

Topic author
bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bmwrdr »

WTR wrote:If you need the Police, I would call 911. I have called the non emergency number and they haven't even bothered to show or make a follow up call.
That's what I will do in case. The officer on site today actually said to call 911 imediatelly if it happens again.
I spoke to my next door neighbor about it and she said last week was a burglary diagonal across the alley.
I think those individuals ringing doorbells are actually trying to find out who is at home before a burglary actually happens.
Anyway, thanks for advising.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

bmwrdr wrote:I already have an indoor camera for the entry area and one for the patio door. For outdoors I guess I'll try one of those with an integrated IR lamp using the PoE power source.
IR lights are OK, but a camera with 'super low light' capability is even better (though more expen$ive).
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

RHenriksen wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:I already have an indoor camera for the entry area and one for the patio door. For outdoors I guess I'll try one of those with an integrated IR lamp using the PoE power source.
IR lights are OK, but a camera with 'super low light' capability is even better (though more expen$ive).
Agreed, thanks for the tip. I'll have to research whats available on the market and look into pricing as well.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Glad you are okay my friend. Check into the ring.com. I have had one about three years now and I love it. It allows me to answer the door bell rather I am at home or away without going to the door.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

carlson1 wrote:Glad you are okay my friend. Check into the ring.com. I have had one about three years now and I love it. It allows me to answer the door bell rather I am at home or away without going to the door.

Is this a subscription type service where you pay a monthly fee? I've been looking into installing cameras set-up from Sam's club.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

carlson1 wrote:Glad you are okay my friend. Check into the ring.com. I have had one about three years now and I love it. It allows me to answer the door bell rather I am at home or away without going to the door.
Thanks for the tip my friend,. I will spec out a camera for the front door first.
I have a doorbell button only at this point but will also look at a intercom unit with WIFI connection and talk back features to an app on my smart phone. I am not really interested in a subscription over the internet though.
:tiphat:

aero10

Post by aero10 »

bmwrdr wrote:
WTR wrote:If you need the Police, I would call 911. I have called the non emergency number and they haven't even bothered to show or make a follow up call.
That's what I will do in case. The officer on site today actually said to call 911 imediatelly if it happens again.
I've had multiple Fort Worth officers say to call 911 instead of the non-emergency number. The rationale they've all provided is the same people answer the phones; if you call 911 they will prioritize your call appropriately, but if you call non-emergency you're automatically at the bottom; and no one is going to come write you a ticket for improper use of 911.

This may not be the case everywhere, but it seems to be pretty wide spread in Fort Worth.
Last edited by aero10 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

aero10 wrote: I've had multiple Fort Worth officers say to call 911 instead of the non-emergency number. The rationale they've all provided is the same people answer the phones; if you call 911 they will prioritize your call appropriately, but if you call non-emergency you're automatically at the bottom; and no one is going to come right you a ticket for improper use of 911.

This may not be the case everywhere, but it seems to be pretty wide spread in Fort Worth.
I've been told the same by Grand Prairie PD, and the dispatchers themselves.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

nightmare69 wrote:

Is this a subscription type service where you pay a monthly fee? I've been looking into installing cameras set-up from Sam's club.
Not a monthly subscription. If you want them to keep the video it cost $30 for a year, but not necessary for the camera/doorbell to work on your phone or tablet.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”