John Cornyn of Texas is focused on bump-stocks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

John Cornyn of Texas is focused on bump-stocks

Post by mojo84 »

Cornyn is focused on bump-stocks.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... stock-ban/
On Wednesday Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) said a hearing on banning bump-stock devices is “worthwhile.”

His statement comes three days after an attacker used a bump-stock device criminally to attack concert-goers in Las Vegas.

According to Politico, Cornyn talked about semiautomatics versus automatics and said he is “not sure how the bump stock [fits] into that scheme,” but he believes the Senate “ought to get to the bottom of it.”

He said, “It is ordinarily illegal to transform a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic weapon, and it’s illegal to buy an automatic weapon unless you have a special license and undergo a special background check.”
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 1

Re: John Cornyn of Texas is focused on bump-stocks

Post by GreenMan0352 »

I do not see a point in banning a bump stock. If someone has evil in their hearts and they intend to do something heinous they will. You don't need a firearm for mass killings. When will our government officials see that banning things does nothing but limit good guys?

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Is he going to propose to ban pants with belt loops while in possession of a semi auto rifle? What about shirt tails? Once again one can see there is little difference between the parties in the elite class.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Perhaps Sen. Cornyn should understand that the investigation is still in the early days and not be so eager to join his brethren on the left in restricting the 2nd Amendment.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

What a jack wagon. Maybe he should worry about repealing ACA or tax reform. But no, we have to have hearings on rubber bands and springs being regulated at the Federal level instead. :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Cornyn lost my vote a long time ago. This certainly doesn't draw him into my good graces...

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

Papa_Tiger wrote:Cornyn lost my vote a long time ago. This certainly doesn't draw him into my good graces...

Well I'm not going to vote for the Democrat if he runs again, but I'll sure vote against him in the primary.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

I'm baffled by these legislators that in one breath admit they know nothing about something and then in the next breath say they would vote one way or the other on that exact subject. Not even a hint of trying to understand the topic.

As mentioned in a post above, might as well add belt loops to the same ban.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Regardless of what Sen. Cornyn says in his commercials, he is not like us. Unless he is talking about lying politicians.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I've long since wanted to primary John Cornyn - maybe he finally hung himself with this one and it will finally happen the next time around. Of course, most voters don't have a very long attenti... oh look a squirrel ! :biggrinjester:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Papa_Tiger wrote:Cornyn lost my vote a long time ago. This certainly doesn't draw him into my good graces...
I hope he has an opponent in the primary.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I never thought I would see a Republican Texas Senator leading the push for gun control. I guess Texas really is becoming more like Kalifornia every day.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

Wow, what a revolutionary and original idea. Let's ban "bump stocks". Yea, that'll work! :woohoo

Idiot politician.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I never thought I would see a Republican Texas Senator leading the push for gun control. I guess Texas really is becoming more like Kalifornia every day.
Should we place odds on whether Paul Ryan and John McCain will lead AWB 2.0?
Psalm 91:2

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

I never tried one, but curious.

News reports said he used tripods (maybe bipods?)
I don't own an AR ..
How well do tripods to keep a gun steady work with bump stocks designed to make the gun move?

Interesting tweet doing Audio Timing Analysis ( I don't know anything about this)

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”