NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

parabelum wrote:
Excaliber wrote:I think agreeing to regulation of bump fire stocks in exchange for deregulation of suppressors and passage of national reciprocity might not be a bad deal at all.
With a caveat that our legislation gets passed and enacted first and foremost, which I fear will not be the case.
This is my fear as well.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

RoyGBiv wrote:After the past 8 years of success under siege, I'm gobsmacked to read all this dissing on the NRA.

GOBSMACKED.

The NRA is playing

And all you can see is

:banghead:
Yeah because the NRA has zero history of compromising the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. :banghead:
You want to defend their actions go right ahead.
Compromising with the left has never resulted in us have more liberty and freedom.
Last edited by bblhd672 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

ajwakeboarder wrote: It's never going to work that way. Diane Feinstein is working on a proposal to ban any part or component that will increase the rate of fire of a gun. This can be interpreted to include triggers, light bolt carrier groups, buffers, and adjustable gas blocks to name a few. If we cave on anything, it will not end well.
The way this should work is that anything she puts forth is ignored in favor of a better written amendment to the Share act or national reciprocity written by a republican. We shall see.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Misfit Child
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Misfit Child »

RoyGBiv wrote:After the past 8 years of success under siege, I'm gobsmacked to read all this dissing on the NRA.

GOBSMACKED.

The NRA is playing

And all you can see is

That's an interesting explanation why the hungry hippos keep eating our gun rights at the national level.

I hope the TSRA can keep focused on the game being played instead of the game they would prefer to play.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
parabelum wrote:
Excaliber wrote:I think agreeing to regulation of bump fire stocks in exchange for deregulation of suppressors and passage of national reciprocity might not be a bad deal at all.
With a caveat that our legislation gets passed and enacted first and foremost, which I fear will not be the case.
This is my fear as well.
Doing it all with one piece of legislation is the way around the "give me what I want today and I'll give you what you want tomorrow" game we've seen played all too often.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Something is likely to happen on bumpfire stocks no matter what.

Would you rather have Congress enact additional laws that may have expanded and far reaching intended or unintended consequences, like they almost always do, or have the ATF re-examine the issue under existing law??

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

If the atf has already examined bump stocks and found them to be legal (twice), what's the harm in letting them do a 3rd review? The worst thing that could happen is that bump stocks are reclassified. They're stupid gimmicks anyway. So if the NRA can gain some advantage on suppressors & national reciprocity by appearing reasonable on bump stocks, we will have gained ground without sacrificing much.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

GOBSMACKED.

The NRA is playing

And all you can see is

So you may be thinking something like this:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/ ... index.html

But here is my take on it:
And the thought that the NRA made its statement so that the ATF would look at bump fire stocks instead of legislators proposing new legislation, that is stupid. Congress was already going to propose new legislation regardless, but now they can say the NRA is also in support of their gun control bill. Stupid. Anti-gunners are laughing at us now.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

In the meantime, none of these so called "common sense" gun laws will deter next murderer from finding ways to kill. This is just another stupid gun grab move and I'm sorry to say but NRA folded a bit too quick on this.
I say that as a supporter and due paying member.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I can't believe that some people would "compromise " away bump stocks for silencers. What other Constitutional rights are you willing to compromise away?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Oh no no. I do not support adding more restrictions. :mad5 when will people realize its the evil in hearts of men not inanimate objects that kill people? We need to raise our children better thats the real problem!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Excaliber wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
parabelum wrote:
This is my fear as well.
Doing it all with one piece of legislation is the way around the "give me what I want today and I'll give you what you want tomorrow" game we've seen played all too often.
While I love the concept, it would appear that it is, at best, a long shot. In the give-to-get exchange, the Feinstein and her ilk are gaining a restriction on a feature that has very little market penetration today. But they are giving up gun control in States like NY, NJ, MD and CA and doing that will be a huge blow to their supporters. I would feel better if I heard someone on Schimer's side of the isle indicate any willingness to address such a compromise. As your words suggest, they are lousy at compromises
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I'll cheerfully donate a nice chunk of money if they get that compromise passed, but they're not getting another penny from me until then. The NRA and GOP both.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I 'm against gun control, To ban bump stocks won't do any good. I can see why the NRA is leaning
toward a ban on bump stocks. NRA is trying to avoid a total ban on All semi auto. They are
giving the left something to shoot at, to avoid something worse like confiscation :leaving
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”