Not mad at the NFL yet? The 49ers say "Hold my beer..."

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Not mad at the NFL yet? The 49ers say "Hold my beer..."

Post by SQLGeek »

"The 49ers announced today that they are joining local and national law enforcement in signing a pledge for a "more understanding and safer America." The Niners have pledged $500,000 toward the campaign, which will advocate for legislation banning "bump stocks" and other mechanisms that allow semi automatic weapons to become automatic weapons, as well as silencers and armor piercing bullets. The parties are also pledging to join with others to forge a public awareness campaign centered on improving police and community relations."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 62415055-4

Welp, that does it. I grew up a die hard 49ers fan and still considered myself one to this day but it had been getting harder and harder for me to support the organization. This did it. I am done with them and that's not something I take lightly (well in terms of how seriously I take sports these days).
Psalm 91:2

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Not mad at the NFL yet? The 49ers say "Hold my beer..."

Post by anygunanywhere »

I gave up pro sports a long time ago. Don't miss it. Have much better things to do like God, guns, hunting, wife, grandchildren, and more, and not necessarily in that order except for God. The same goes for movies at the theater.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

I'm pretty much there with you. My wife likes sports also so we make it a social thing with family and friends but I am a lot less fanatic than I used to be.
Psalm 91:2

rotor

Post by rotor »

The owner is worth $100 million and what does he care. Besides, it's San Francisco.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

As others have mentioned, I'm also in that "no more professional sports" category. Sure, I want the Astros to win the series, but am I watching? Nope. NFL? Forget it. I want the NFL to stand for No Fans Left. We haven't had a single game on all season. The only sport I follow now is CSU football, and I have season tickets. I'm happy to support a local, non-Power 5 school.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

As a guy who has zero interest in the various pro-sports i.e., football, basketball, baseball, or soccer, I couldn't possibly care less (my only interest in voyeuristic viewing is boxing. (and if that stops this instant, I couldn't care less) My world isn't centered around sports...

So, a bunch of professional football guys want to protest how difficult their lives are, ah yeah, sure, go for it and while you're at it those who ARE football fans will slowly find other sports to watch and pay money for...

Hey man, my (fill in the blank for what the average American can't afford) ostentatious car/home/lifestyle isn't part of the situation...man, I'm righteous in my protest, yeah....now, hand me that Cristal champagne with just a dash of Beluga caviar....

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

pbwalker wrote:As others have mentioned, I'm also in that "no more professional sports" category. Sure, I want the Astros to win the series, but am I watching? Nope. NFL? Forget it. I want the NFL to stand for No Fans Left. We haven't had a single game on all season. The only sport I follow now is CSU football, and I have season tickets. I'm happy to support a local, non-Power 5 school.
Most NFL players are forbidden to have firearms because it is the National Felony League.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

We have also kept the tv off on Sundays... the week all this started I told my wife, I'm done. She was totally on board and we've not watched any football since. And we've not missed it.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

flechero wrote:We have also kept the tv off on Sundays... the week all this started I told my wife, I'm done. She was totally on board and we've not watched any football since. And we've not missed it.
Sums it up for me and wife too. Good job.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

flechero wrote:We have also kept the tv off on Sundays... the week all this started I told my wife, I'm done. She was totally on board and we've not watched any football since. And we've not missed it.
Same here, although I dumped the NFL years ago after their treatment of Rush Limbaugh and Hank Williams Jr..

Nice to get that time back isn't it?

I think the NFL really doesn't get what it's doing to it's future. But then, how much do run of the mill folks like us have to do with NFL owners and their wealthy employees?

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Reason number 4,278 why I’m through with the NFL.
That the 49ers would do this isn’t surprising since their stadium is sponsored by an anti-gun company who makes blue jeans.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

I love it! Talk about totally clueless.
I read yesterday that the reason for the 19% drop in TV Viewing for the NFL was "well people aren't as interested in sports as they used to be."
HA!
Have y'all seen the pictures of the stadiums? Most are running about 2/3rds full.
These Owners/Players are completely out of touch with their fans and their 'Product'.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I think they understand their remaining fan base perfectly.

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

On the otherhand the opening ceremonies for the World Series last night was respectful and caused another surge of pride in our country. Bald eagles always give me a big lump in my throat.

I am over it, I don't miss the NFL at all anymore.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

Haven't watched the NFL in years---just a bunch of over paid prima donna's. (a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.)
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”