White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Post by dale blanker »

TAM, thanks for sharing some of your life story. Your political philosophy seemed to begin changing when your dad died and your son was born. That must have been quite a year for you... I suspect from the thought and memory of your history that you must do a fair amount of meditation. We all know you better now and admire you even more. Thanks again.

Have you thought about running for office???
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I think Baylor needs to keep looking inward at their own issues and recent history before passing judgment on anyone else, regarding just about anything.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Two things I've heard about statistics. There are lies, *blank* lies, and statistics. Bikinis and statistics are the same, it isn't what they reveal but what they hide that is important.
NRA Benefactor Member

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I don't fear poverty. It's not really my thing but, like homosexuality, if one of my high school classmates embraces that lifestyle, that doesn't make me afraid. Just keep it to themselves and I'll return the favor. I'm pro freedom and if somebody wants to be poor, I think they should be able to do that without government interference. I wish those Phuds would give the same consideration to people who want to own guns. No government subsidies need be provided, but no government interference is needed either, to include buying/selling/making machine guns, short barrel rifles, etc.

So who really are the ones afraid? So afraid they go "nuts" interfering with others' rights?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Jago668 wrote:Two things I've heard about statistics. There are lies, *blank* lies, and statistics. Bikinis and statistics are the same, it isn't what they reveal but what they hide that is important.
"rlol" "rlol" with a :anamatedbanana
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

ninjabread wrote:<snip>if somebody wants to be poor, I think they should be able to do that without government interference. <snip>
But, that's one of the few things the government does well, makes people poor.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I been around Public schools and colleges most of my life and Once you get to the PHD level unless they grew up owning or shooting they don't!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Deltaboy wrote:I been around Public schools and colleges most of my life and Once you get to the PHD level unless they grew up owning or shooting they don't!
I have a very good friend with a Ph.D in physics -who owns a gun. He was threatened by someone who was his physical superior and vowed never to be placed in that position again. He did not grow up with guns and isn't even close to being a gun enthusiast. He is not going to give up his gun anything soon, however.

I've worked with a number of people who Ph.Ds in business. I believe that there is a distinction between them and those with similar credentials who spend their lives associating with academia. It is the latter, not the degree,that distorts their thinking. I knew another fellow with a Ph.D in magnetic resonance with was absolutely brilliant. He was one who split his time between the practical world (medicine) and some academic involvement. His outlook seemed warped in proportion to the time that he spent with the higher education types.

I agree with idea that being an unrestrained gun nut can cause poverty. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

ELB wrote: I would suggest that those who do not fear poverty at least a little, whether white or not, male or not, gun nut or not, do not have a grasp of reality.
I grew up in a situation where poverty was a paycheck or two away. Dang right I fear poverty and I'm going to work hard to ensure it never darkens the doors of my family. Of course I'm only partially white so maybe this doesn't fully apply to me. :mrgreen:

I've noticed a meme the past 10 years or so that growing up in a normal household with both parents, having food to eat and clothes on your back is to be regarded as a special privilege worthy of shame. I'm not going to apologize for my kids not knowing what it's like to miss meals, not have clean clothes and not have their parents in their lives. It's not a sin to want better for your kids than you had growing up and I'm getting mighty tired of certain folks trying to shame me for it.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”