Retired military commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Retired military commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/natio ... 71202.html
The group is part of the veterans coalition of a gun control group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly. They laid out their arguments in a letter they plan to send to Congressional leaders.
Apparently even though they swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, they do not understand nor care about it's content.

Political hacks, not honorable protectors of the country and it's citizens.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Retired military commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I hadn't realized that guns had become self aware, much less that they have started to commit violence against humans. Sounds like we all need to start arming ourselves and ensuring that we keep all guns locked up when they are not in sight.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Maybe it's time to disarm the military?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BBYC wrote:Maybe it's time to disarm the military?
That's a good point. How can we knowingly endanger the lives of our best and brightest by having them near so many violent guns?

stroo

Post by stroo »

These are the the same guys who won't allow their men to have weapons on base leading to atrocities like Fort Hood. These guys should have no credibility on 2nd Amendment issues.

wil

Post by wil »

People seem to think that simply because someone currently serves, or has in the past served, in the military. That doing so inherently instills within that person moral courage & consequently intellectual self-honesty.

it does not.

rotor

Post by rotor »

In no way do I mean to be offensive to anyone on this forum but we should realize that getting to the top in the military is a true exercise in the Peter Principle and kissing you know what. The best tend to leave early before they get to the top (I left as an 0-5). I have very little respect for most of those with high rank. Some may be great but I personally haven't met them. None of my superiors would have been able to hold a civilian position of authority. Their views and positions have no value and should not be taken seriously.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Here's my note for the comments section...

"To use the words of Colonel David Hackworth, the Perfumed Princes speak. Statists, one and all. No surprise to see Snakeater Stan out there calling for a disarmed public. The Officers I was privileged to serve under believed in the American Citizen and their Rights under the Constitution, recognized by man, granted by God."

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

OlBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by OlBill »

wil wrote:People seem to think that simply because someone currently serves, or has in the past served, in the military. That doing so inherently instills within that person moral courage & consequently intellectual self-honesty.

it does not.
Well said.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

BBYC wrote:Maybe it's time to disarm the military?
The military has been disarmed for years.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

wil wrote:People seem to think that simply because someone currently serves, or has in the past served, in the military. That doing so inherently instills within that person moral courage & consequently intellectual self-honesty.

it does not.

:iagree:

Absolutely! Thats why terms like Blue Falcon exist, where buddy is only half the word. I knew plenty of dirt bags in the Marines. I wish I could say its only a POG thing but grunts have just as many. As another member stated also that the higher rank you get usually means selling your integrity and doing things you shouldn’t. Its sad but true. We should not base our decisions off of rank, but rather off or morals and character. Facts do not care how they make you feel, so why do we cater to a bunch of baby cries with FALSE claims?

There are an estimated 310 million firearms in America so if things are as bad as we are told why so few mass shootings compared to number of firearms? Also what exactly is a mass shooting? Some of these media libtards categorize 2 victims whether dead or not as a mass shootings. Even when some of these supposed mass shootings are actually terror driven by a certain religion. Yet its the guns fault not a religions fault.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Jeff B. wrote:Here's my note for the comments section...

"To use the words of Colonel David Hackworth, the Perfumed Princes speak. Statists, one and all. No surprise to see Snakeater Stan out there calling for a disarmed public. The Officers I was privileged to serve under believed in the American Citizen and their Rights under the Constitution, recognized by man, granted by God."

Jeff B.
McChrystal has issues.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Jeff B. wrote:Here's my note for the comments section...

Jeff B.
Colonel Hackworth's books are a great read. The one by "Stormin Norman" good too. Both give insight into what happens at the Pentagon and what you have to do to get there.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

You guys are right...

Don’t get the wrong idea from my words, there ARE Officers and Flag Officers that ARE Worth a hoot, maybe not as many as before, but I believe like the backbone of the military, the professional NCO, they are still there.

I’ve know, served with and under some great men.

If your a Progressive, my time dates to back before there were many females in Senior Leadership...

No offense meant to females in the military.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Jeff B. wrote:You guys are right...

Don’t get the wrong idea from my words, there ARE Officers and Flag Officers that ARE Worth a hoot, maybe not as many as before, but I believe like the backbone of the military, the professional NCO, they are still there.

I’ve know, served with and under some great men.

If your a Progressive, my time dates to back before there were many females in Senior Leadership...

No offense meant to females in the military.

Jeff B.
The system is designed for conformity, not character.

The SGM ranks are fast becoming the same way.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”