Why legal guns can’t be banned from state parks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 1

Why legal guns can’t be banned from state parks

Post by TxD »

Some honest second amendment thinking went into this ruling.

From the article.
"Allowing a hunting rifle or shotgun on a state owned park or forest land during a controlled hunt “does not fulfill — and cannot substitute for — the people’s right to have a firearm for defense of self and family while camping overnight at a state park or hiking in the more remote acres of state forests (assuming compliance with all other laws governing guns),” according to Justice Valihura."

https://delawarestatenews.net/news/lega ... ate-parks/
Black Rifles Matter

thatguyoverthere

Re: Why legal guns can’t be banned from state parks

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Quote from the article linked in the original post above (emphasis added):
According to the minority dissent, “When people come together in Parks and Forests for games and recreation, emotions can run high.

“When folks camp, they sometimes drink, including at events within the Parks like beer and wine festivals. When folks drink and carouse, they sometimes get jealous and angry.

“When folks play or attend sporting events, spirits run high and sometimes out of control. When folks get emotional around guns, things can get dangerous fast.

“When folks camp, there are no gun lockers, and they are near other visitors. There are no natural boundaries in parks where goers can find safety from gunfire or natural barriers that stop flying bullets or arrows.

These and other common sense reasons support the decisions of generations of governors and cabinet secretaries that the regulations advance the public purposes served by our parks and forests, and facilitate the safe enjoyment of these public spaces by families and children.”
Wow. I don't even know where to start.

Apparently, at least some of the Delaware Supreme Court Justices seem to think rulings should be made based on their personal feeeeelings, rather than on black letter law and the Constitutions of both the State of Delaware and the United States. :rules:

They also seem to think that licensed gun carriers are a pretty unsafe and irresponsible bunch on the whole ("emotions can run high", "they sometimes drink", "they sometimes get jealous and angry", "things can get dangerous fast"). :fire

They also appear to be big believers in Gun Free Zones ("There are no natural boundaries in parks where goers can find safety from gunfire"). :leaving

Finally, some of the Honorable Justices seem to be concerned that some licensed gun carriers must carry some kind of highly contagious disease ("they are near other visitors"). :eek6

I really, really, REALLY hope these judges are not typical of what we have across this nation. :banghead:
Last edited by thatguyoverthere on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

The so-called justices, if armed, are projecting their personal untrustworthiness.

They'd get drunk and start in shooting like the western character in the Simpsons.

Yeehaw, boom, boom.

Simultaneously, they project incredible arrogance.

Armed citizens, are in their view, irresponsible, mouth breathing peasants.

Their collective elitism is transparently naive.

Justices my eye...

allisji

Post by allisji »

thatguyoverthere wrote:Quote from the article linked in the original post above (emphasis added):
According to the minority dissent, “When people come together in Parks and Forests for games and recreation, emotions can run high.

“When folks camp, they sometimes drink, including at events within the Parks like beer and wine festivals. When folks drink and carouse, they sometimes get jealous and angry.

“When folks play or attend sporting events, spirits run high and sometimes out of control. When folks get emotional around guns, things can get dangerous fast.

“When folks camp, there are no gun lockers, and they are near other visitors. There are no natural boundaries in parks where goers can find safety from gunfire or natural barriers that stop flying bullets or arrows.

These and other common sense reasons support the decisions of generations of governors and cabinet secretaries that the regulations advance the public purposes served by our parks and forests, and facilitate the safe enjoyment of these public spaces by families and children.”
Wow. I don't even know where to start.

Apparently, at least some of the Delaware Supreme Court Justices seem to think rulings should be made based on their personal feeeeelings, rather than on black letter law and the Constitutions of both the State of Delaware and the United States. :rules:

They also seem to think that licensed gun carriers are a pretty unsafe and irresponsible bunch on the whole ("emotions can run high", "they sometimes drink", "they sometimes get jealous and angry", "things can get dangerous fast"). :fire

They also appear to be big believers in Gun Free Zones ("There are no natural boundaries in parks where goers can find safety from gunfire"). :leaving

Finally, some of the Honorable Justices seem to be concerned that some licensed gun carriers must carry some kind of highly contagious disease ("they are near other visitors"). :eek6

I really, really, REALLY hope these judges are not typical of what we have across this nation. :banghead:
That is about the worst "common sense" argument I think I've ever read, and the data would prove that these people who claim "common sense" have none at all. :nono:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Yankees

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I wonder what kills more at state parks???? Guns or the park and wildlife itself!!!! Sounds to me like the judges need to make more laws governing MOTHER NATURE :boxing
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”