Books about Gun Control

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 1

Books about Gun Control

Post by locke_n_load »

I consider myself pretty educated on history and gun control, but can I get some suggestions for books about gun control and it's progression to tyranny in history? I want to be able to debate the consequences of gun control and have as many facts (not just statistics) on my side.
I currently am starting "gun control in the third reich" but if there is something that encompasses different time periods and different countries, that would be preferred to continue with. Thanks.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Pawpaw

Re: Books about Gun Control

Post by Pawpaw »

It won't tell you about gun control, but if you want to read what our founding fathers thought about the second amendment, get a copy of The Second Amendment Primer. It's even available on Kindle.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

It's fiction but with a great deal of historical content and accurate facts about NFA etc. so it's a good read, if you can find a copy, of Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LDB415 wrote:It's fiction but with a great deal of historical content and accurate facts about NFA etc. so it's a good read, if you can find a copy, of Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
:iagree:

Search the internet for Unintended Consequences John Ross PDF. The ebook version was made free by the author years ago, that’s how I got and read it last year.

If you can’t find a working link, PM me and I will email you the file (3.8mb)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

Wow, I was not aware of that. I have the actual book but much prefer reading on my Kindle, especially when it's such a large book. Thanks!

Well, I've tried two formats and it will not email to my Kindle. Do you know what the secret is to get the file into the Kindle?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”