GA: CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

GA: CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... r-6-years/
CNN admitted in a report on March 6, 2018, that a Georgia town requiring gun ownership has only seen one murder in six years and maintains a violent crime rate of less than two percent.

CNN reports that Kennesaw, Georgia, adopted an ordinance in 1982 requiring the head of every household to “maintain a firearm.”

CNN suggested the law requiring gun ownership is not actually enforced, but it simultaneously reported that the town of Kennesaw has only witnessed one murder in the past six years. In other words, just the common knowledge that guns are in the hands of law-abiding citizens appears to restrain the actions of criminals.

Kennesaw Police Department Lt. Craig Graydon said, “It was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent.”
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

MaduroBU

Re: GA: CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years

Post by MaduroBU »

Look at the study proving that gun admissions fall during the NRA convention. They accidentally showed that firearms injure an average of 1/100,000 per year, at most 2.5/100,000 per year in high gun ownership states. They showed a correlation, but also that the rate of injury is tiny.

Gun violence is an extremely focal problem, even given the massive rate of gun ownership in the U.S. further, among the populations that own most of the guns, the actual rates of death and injury are miniscule. Working in a major trauma center and being an avid recreational shooter, my personal experience supports that finding.

Grundy1133

Re: GA: CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years

Post by Grundy1133 »

MaduroBU wrote:Look at the study proving that gun admissions fall during the NRA convention. They accidentally showed that firearms injure an average of 1/100,000 per year, at most 2.5/100,000 per year in high gun ownership states. They showed a correlation, but also that the rate of injury is tiny.

Gun violence is an extremely focal problem, even given the massive rate of gun ownership in the U.S. further, among the populations that own most of the guns, the actual rates of death and injury are miniscule. Working in a major trauma center and being an avid recreational shooter, my personal experience supports that finding.
i mean i love texas and everything but i would LOVE to live in a constitutional carry state like Wyoming... whens the last time you heard about a mass shooting in Wyoming? lol. just sayin.
NRA Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

When the bride and I were shopping for our Georgia house in 1988, we were riding
around Kennesaw, Georgia (where they require homeowners to have a gun,
although there is an escape clause if you don't really want to have a gun!)
with our real estate agent.

It was during the daylight hours when we approached a potential home to
purchase. She gave an insignificant knock, then immediately used her real
estate lockbox, unlocked the door, and strode right in. We were hesitant
to follow her since it seemed like someone inside might not have heard the
knock and might come out firing. Sure enough, the owner was a day sleeper
and all parties were completely surprised. No gun was produced.

***********************************************************************************************
Kennesaw is home to "The Best Little Warhouse in Georgia", and the owner is
a man by the name of Dent Myers. He is a rather unique character. This store
has Civil War merchandise. He strides around the store in a T-shirt, denim jeans,
a US Army web belt, and has dual 1911's, one on each hip, facing backwards, and bare feet.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

[quote="surprise_i'm_armed"
Kennesaw is home to "The Best Little Warhouse in Georgia", and the owner is
a man by the name of Dent Myers. He is a rather unique character. This store
has Civil War merchandise. He strides around the store in a T-shirt, denim jeans,
a US Army web belt, and has dual 1911's, one on each hip, facing backwards, and bare feet.
SIA[/quote]

So does he cross draw, or does he do the cowboy thing?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”