If the 2nd Amendment is repealed poll

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Percent of Americans who will take up arms to defend their right to keep firearms if 2A is repealed?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 pm

<1%
16%
1%
7%
2%
4%
3%
9%
4%
No votes
5%
7%
>5%
55%

Total votes: 67

montgomery
Posts in topic: 4

Re: If the 2nd Amendment is repealed poll

Post by montgomery »

Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
LDB415 wrote:I figure 1 in 100 is maybe optimistic when it gets right down to it. It's probably 1 in 10 when it's forum talk but I doubt it will hold that level if it gets to it.
After listening to all the stand and fight cold dead hands ever since Sandy Hook, I have looked over 1,000 men - aged 25 to 50 - in the eye and asked "are you willing to fight and die for your gun rights?"

To a man, every single one said they had too much to lose - kids, wife, house, job, free wifi. So, the actual number is something higher than 1,000-to-1.
Assuming that you polled a truly representative sample of the population, then your poll may be an accurate reflection of the percentage willing to fight. Did you have any other conversation, or ask any other questions that might bias the responses (e.g. asking if they were "sure" given what they had to lose, etc.)?

The more interesting question would be to ask about the number of people who are willing to fight to preserve our system of self governance. Based on military enlistment numbers alone, I'd say that number is quite a bit higher. The key is to help people understand the real issue that we are talking about, so they don't mistakenly believe that we are only at risk of losing gun rights, or only at risk of losing our ability to own a bump stock.

To paraphrase, at first they came for the bump stocks, and I did not fight them because I didn't see a use for bump stocks. Then they came for 60 round magazines, and I did not fight them because all of my magazines are less than 40 rounds. Then they limited gun ownership to a max of 5 handguns and 5 long guns, and I did not fight them because I had less than those numbers.............. Finally, they came for my freedoms, and I gathered like minded friends to resist, but we did not have the means to do so.

No poll. Asked so-called patriots and gun guys I personally know from all walks of life, man to man, eye to eye. By no means was it scientific, but it was telling.

The real issue is the average person is too complacent in their comfortable lives to get informed and get engaged. In the spirit of the Harley-Davidson mantra, "If you have to explain, they won't understand".
omg this! so much this! I've been saying this for years.... the majority of the younger generations (including people my age. im 30) are so complacent with their lives and the delusion that the govt will "protect them" should they strip them of their rights.... the government isnt stripping you of your rights in exchange for protection.... they're doing it so they can CONTROL YOU. if they want you to do something all they have to do is point a gun at you. if they want to commit genocide because the US is over populated, all they have to do is point a gun at you.... once they take away the 2nd, all our other rights will soon follow...

Based on your comments and your signature image, I have to tell you something. Grundy, I am your father.

:txflag:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
montgomery wrote:
LDB415 wrote:I figure 1 in 100 is maybe optimistic when it gets right down to it. It's probably 1 in 10 when it's forum talk but I doubt it will hold that level if it gets to it.
After listening to all the stand and fight cold dead hands ever since Sandy Hook, I have looked over 1,000 men - aged 25 to 50 - in the eye and asked "are you willing to fight and die for your gun rights?"

To a man, every single one said they had too much to lose - kids, wife, house, job, free wifi. So, the actual number is something higher than 1,000-to-1.
Assuming that you polled a truly representative sample of the population, then your poll may be an accurate reflection of the percentage willing to fight. Did you have any other conversation, or ask any other questions that might bias the responses (e.g. asking if they were "sure" given what they had to lose, etc.)?

The more interesting question would be to ask about the number of people who are willing to fight to preserve our system of self governance. Based on military enlistment numbers alone, I'd say that number is quite a bit higher. The key is to help people understand the real issue that we are talking about, so they don't mistakenly believe that we are only at risk of losing gun rights, or only at risk of losing our ability to own a bump stock.

To paraphrase, at first they came for the bump stocks, and I did not fight them because I didn't see a use for bump stocks. Then they came for 60 round magazines, and I did not fight them because all of my magazines are less than 40 rounds. Then they limited gun ownership to a max of 5 handguns and 5 long guns, and I did not fight them because I had less than those numbers.............. Finally, they came for my freedoms, and I gathered like minded friends to resist, but we did not have the means to do so.

No poll. Asked so-called patriots and gun guys I personally know from all walks of life, man to man, eye to eye. By no means was it scientific, but it was telling.

The real issue is the average person is too complacent in their comfortable lives to get informed and get engaged. In the spirit of the Harley-Davidson mantra, "If you have to explain, they won't understand".
omg this! so much this! I've been saying this for years.... the majority of the younger generations (including people my age. im 30) are so complacent with their lives and the delusion that the govt will "protect them" should they strip them of their rights.... the government isnt stripping you of your rights in exchange for protection.... they're doing it so they can CONTROL YOU. if they want you to do something all they have to do is point a gun at you. if they want to commit genocide because the US is over populated, all they have to do is point a gun at you.... once they take away the 2nd, all our other rights will soon follow...
:iagree:

Once the 2nd amendment is gone and the government has seized practically all guns, all other rights will be gone. You will only be allowed to do what the government allows you to do. And the government will slide further and further away from any notion of being controlled by the people. You think the FBI is biased now? Just wait. Same goes for all other agencies. The elites will continue to control not only elections, but also public opinion through their media outlets, educational institutions, and courts. And the last potential limiter on this control will be gone.

The grand experiment of self governance will officially fail and we will resort back to the normal order of powerful elites controlling the vast population of subjects, just as we have seen throughout 95% of recorded human history.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Once the 2nd amendment is gone and the government has seized practically all guns, all other rights will be gone. You will only be allowed to do what the government allows you to do. And the government will slide further and further away from any notion of being controlled by the people. You think the FBI is biased now? Just wait. Same goes for all other agencies. The elites will continue to control not only elections, but also public opinion through their media outlets, educational institutions, and courts. And the last potential limiter on this control will be gone.

The grand experiment of self governance will officially fail and we will resort back to the normal order of powerful elites controlling the vast population of subjects, just as we have seen throughout 95% of recorded human history.
I think it's funny that you think there will still be elections at that point.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BBYC »

Even if they got enough States to ratify an amendment repealing 2A, they would also have to repeal 10A for any Federal gun bans to be constitutional.

If they simply banned semi-auto firearms without repealing 2A then I predict the rraction of gun owners will be much like the now expired AWB. Most will comply. Some will not. Police won't go door to door. Citizens who get caught exercising their rights will be arrested and made into examples. More people will comply or take additional measures to avoid detection. Nobody will stand up and fight with anything other than words.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

cirus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cirus »

BBYC wrote:. Nobody will stand up and fight with anything other than words.
We'll see

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

cirus wrote:
BBYC wrote:. Nobody will stand up and fight with anything other than words.
We'll see
I hope not.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”