No Guns? No Anthem: Singer Turns Down Offer to Perform the Nat’l Anthem Until Minor League Team Respects 2nd Amendment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Steve5115
Posts in topic: 1

No Guns? No Anthem: Singer Turns Down Offer to Perform the Nat’l Anthem Until Minor League Team Respects 2nd Amendment

Post by Steve5115 »

BREITBART -
A woman invited to sing that national anthem at an upcoming Reno Aces baseball game, has turned down the offer saying she will not sing until the team respects the fans’ Second Amendment rights.
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/04 ... amendment/

RicoTX

Re: No Guns? No Anthem: Singer Turns Down Offer to Perform the Nat’l Anthem Until Minor League Team Respects 2nd Amendme

Post by RicoTX »

I go watch Round Rock Express games every month or so... they now have metal detectors this year. May as well as the State of Texas doesn't think we need to be carrying there anyway...for some unknown to me idiotic reason.
Last edited by RicoTX on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

C-dub

Re: No Guns? No Anthem: Singer Turns Down Offer to Perform the Nat’l Anthem Until Minor League Team Respects 2nd Amendme

Post by C-dub »

Great stance, but I have wonder. She says they have attended games before. Does anyone believe the signs or prohibition of firearms is new?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Is concealed carry still restricted for sporting events? Would this count?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MechAg94 wrote:Is concealed carry still restricted for sporting events? Would this count?
Game was in Reno, NV and sporting events are not off limits by statute there.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”