Dick's Sporting Goods sponsorhip of Sugar Land park baseball field

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

Dick's Sporting Goods sponsorhip of Sugar Land park baseball field

Post by rp_photo »

Last month I noticed Dick's Sporting Goods logos on the scoreboard and entrance at a city park baseball field north of 90 and near Eldridge.

Would it be worthwhile letting the city know our thoughts on this?
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

spectre
Banned

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods sponsorhip of Sugar Land park baseball field

Post by spectre »

I assume the Dick's are paying for it. If so, I think it's not worth complaining to the city when the Dick's aren't doing anything illegal. I think it is worth telling progun parents about their antigun policy and telling all parents that Academy and other places are cheaper. Let the Dick's waste money on advertising with no return.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Allons

Post by Allons »

spectre wrote:I assume the Dick's are paying for it. If so, I think it's not worth complaining to the city when the Dick's aren't doing anything illegal. I think it is worth telling progun parents about their antigun policy and telling all parents that Academy and other places are cheaper. Let the Dick's waste money on advertising with no return.
:iagree: Well said
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Allons wrote:
spectre wrote:I assume the Dick's are paying for it. If so, I think it's not worth complaining to the city when the Dick's aren't doing anything illegal. I think it is worth telling progun parents about their antigun policy and telling all parents that Academy and other places are cheaper. Let the Dick's waste money on advertising with no return.
:iagree: Well said
Yup, Like my Mom used to say, It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”