Springfield Armory severs relationship with Dicks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Springfield Armory severs relationship with Dicks

Post by LDB415 »

Hopefully every firearm related company will blacklist Dick's regardless of their product. It's time for a major example to be made of those who do the wrong thing.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

gtolbert09 wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
apostate wrote:I thought Dicks already stopped selling Springfield Armory firearms. What ties were left to cut? :headscratch
The Field and Stream store, owned by Dick's, sells handguns too... so no more Springfield XDS line, or 1911s. Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.
Dicks also sells handguns at least at two that I know of. One is at the Parks mall in Arlington and the other one is in Cedar Hill.
The Dicks in Flower Mound sells handguns too.
Let them eat the price of those too. The manufacturers out to refuse to allow Dicks to return guns to them, and then have nobody buy them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

When will Dicks issue a groveling, inadequate 'mea culpa'?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

KLB wrote:
cyphertext wrote:Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.
I think they should, but firearms manufacturers blacklisting gun-controlling customers, especially state governments, are running a risk. The more manufacturers that participate, the more likely it is that some state attorney general will sue, alleging an anti-trust conspiracy. That could turn out to be cripplingly expensive irrespective of the outcome. Anti-trust is not my area, but my guess is that the outcome is not guaranteed.
They can try but unless they could show collusion on the part of the manufacturers it would be DOA.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

txglock21 wrote:Is this Dick's Field and Stream the same as the magazine Field and Stream? I don't shop at Dick's and never will. I never heard of their "Field and Stream" stores until recently. I DO have a subscription to the magazine though. If they are one and the same, I will gladly cancel my subscription to the magazine. I don't want ANY of my money going to a anti-second amendment company! :nono:
Emphatically no.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-an ... ting-goods
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

AndyC wrote:Ruger asked its distributors not to sell to Dick's - and now Hi-Point and Mossberg just joined in boycotting them too :anamatedbanana
I like it!

Time to write an e-mail to Glock.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

At the NRA show I stopped in the Inceptor Ammo booth and talked to a rep. Didn't know that they made the bullets for NovX ammo. Thought I'd buy some range and carry ammo to try out. Went to the Inceptor website, checked for local dealers - Dick's. Nope, won't be buying any of the Inceptor Ammo. I sent an email to them stating I couldn't do purchase their ammo as long as they sell through Dick's, even though there are other places to buy it.

Firearms, ammunition and accessories manufacturers must stand together against the likes of Dick's.

Collusion or anti-trust concerns? Ha....you mean like all the collusion going on with banks, credit card companies and governments to remove the right to keep and bear arms?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote:Ruger asked its distributors not to sell to Dick's - and now Hi-Point and Mossberg just joined in boycotting them too :anamatedbanana
Links to Ruger and Hi-Point?

Here's Mossberg's release:
https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/upl ... -Goods.pdf

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

bblhd672 wrote:
Links to Ruger and Hi-Point?

Here's Mossberg's release:
https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/upl ... -Goods.pdf
Was just coming in to post this! Hopefully Ruger, Hi-Point, and others will continue to join!

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

NSSF Expels Dick’s Sporting Goods
https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/
NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txglock21 »

jmorris wrote:
txglock21 wrote:Is this Dick's Field and Stream the same as the magazine Field and Stream? I don't shop at Dick's and never will. I never heard of their "Field and Stream" stores until recently. I DO have a subscription to the magazine though. If they are one and the same, I will gladly cancel my subscription to the magazine. I don't want ANY of my money going to a anti-second amendment company! :nono:
Emphatically no.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-an ... ting-goods
Thank you! Glad to hear. :thumbs2: :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”