And we move further toward Civil War

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Re: And we move further toward Civil War

Post by PriestTheRunner »

bblhd672 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:The Declaration of Independence makes a very compelling case for the legitimacy of such an action.
The Declaration of Independence is the founding document most applicable to what the government of today has become. I have read many times that the fatal flaw of the Constitution is that there is no mechanism included to force the government to abide by it, especially when the legislative, judicial and executive branches act in a manner contrary to the Founder's intentions.
That is what votes are supposed to be for... But when both parties are the same regarding federal expansion and depredation of personal inalienable rights, there is no cure. And money has purchased the power of those two political parties.

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:The Declaration of Independence makes a very compelling case for the legitimacy of such an action.
The Declaration of Independence is the founding document most applicable to what the government of today has become. I have read many times that the fatal flaw of the Constitution is that there is no mechanism included to force the government to abide by it, especially when the legislative, judicial and executive branches act in a manner contrary to the Founder's intentions.
:iagree:

The Declaration of Independence is very clear on the obligations of the people whenever any government becomes destructive of the very rights that it has been created to protect. The ability of the people to fulfill this obligation is the ultimate "check" on the power of any government. This is why I have said many times that we are not just fighting for the right to keep and bear arms. We are fighting to preserve the entire notion of self government.

I am sick and tired of people who say "I fully support the second amendment" and then in their next breath demonstrate that they have no notion of why the RKBA exists in the first place.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

It's fer huntin with single shot black powder and them crazies who want to defend themselves with evil black rifles, shucks they's crazy...

Now, peasant, line up and do as you're told.

Hand over your firearms.

What, you von't?

You are hearby ordered by his majesty...er, local sheriff, to do what we say.

O.K. we'll leave, please don't shoot us....

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:Soccerdad1995,

It's fer huntin with single shot black powder and them crazies who want to defend themselves with evil black rifles, shucks they's crazy...

Now, peasant, line up and do as you're told.

Hand over your firearms.

What, you von't?

You are hearby ordered by his majesty...er, local sheriff, to do what we say.

O.K. we'll leave, please don't shoot us....
You and I are on the same page.

I am astonished that so many people think the founders were sitting around deciding on the most fundamental rights that they wanted to protect with the first set of amendments and they said "OK, let's make sure that we protect the right of the people to exercise any religion they choose, and they should have the right to speak out against the government if they wish, and to be free from warrantless searches, or being forced to house soldiers", and then someone chimed in with "oh yeah, let's also make sure they have the right to hunt." By their logic, If it was written today, we would want to preserve the right to play basketball, right?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”