What to do- Bull on property

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 15

Re: What to do- Bull on property

Post by rotor »

J.R.@A&M wrote:By coincidence, a lawyer colleague of mine who works for Texas A&M AgriLife posted a blog entry about this subject: http://agrilife.org/texasaglaw/2016/10/ ... ock-rules/

The answer sounds like it could have come from an economist, i.e., it depends.

Edited to note that this blog entry appears to be an update to the one Pawpaw linked to above.
That is super helpful. Thank you.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

rotor wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:By coincidence, a lawyer colleague of mine who works for Texas A&M AgriLife posted a blog entry about this subject: http://agrilife.org/texasaglaw/2016/10/ ... ock-rules/

Edited to note that this blog entry appears to be an update to the one Pawpaw linked to above.
I haven't kept up with the entire thread and this question may have been answered. id you find out who owns the bull and how enters your property? I just wondered if there are any gates in the fence/s between you and your neighbor/s that can be opened to allow access to your property? Can you say free feed? :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

puma guy wrote:
rotor wrote:

I haven't kept up with the entire thread and this question may have been answered. id you find out who owns the bull and how enters your property? I just wondered if there are any gates in the fence/s between you and your neighbor/s that can be opened to allow access to your property? Can you say free feed? :lol:
No gates between neighbors. None of the neighbors on 3 sides claimed him and for now I haven't seen him again but I don't go out every day. I am assuming he is jumping the fence. If I see him I am calling the Sheriff.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

The bull should be branded. The brand should let you know who is the owner. If he is not tagged nor branded then... FREE HAMBURGER!

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

drjoker wrote:The bull should be branded. The brand should let you know who is the owner. If he is not tagged nor branded then... FREE HAMBURGER!
Hanging is still the penalty for cattle rustlin'...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

RogueUSMC wrote:
drjoker wrote:The bull should be branded. The brand should let you know who is the owner. If he is not tagged nor branded then... FREE HAMBURGER!
I thought that was only for horse thieves.
NRA Endowment Member

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

RogueUSMC wrote:
Is it rustlin' if it isn't branded or tagged?
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

WildBill wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
The whole 'wire cutters in your saddlebags' covers the rustling I think. When was the last time someone was charged with it though?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

mloamiller wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
Is it rustlin' if it isn't branded or tagged?
Brand or tag matters not to whether or not it is theft. Just makes it easier to prove.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RogueUSMC wrote:
WildBill wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
The whole 'wire cutters in your saddlebags' covers the rustling I think. When was the last time someone was charged with it though?

While I don't think anyone has been "strung up" for rustling for a few years, it is still a serious offense, and is aggressively prosecuted. The Texas Cattle Raisers Association, will do everything they can to see that rustlers are given the maximum sentences. I have an Ex-BIL who spent about 3 years as a ward of the State, after "misappropriating" a few calves. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Jusme wrote:While I don't think anyone has been "strung up" for rustling for a few years, it is still a serious offense, and is aggressively prosecuted. The Texas Cattle Raisers Association, will do everything they can to see that rustlers are given the maximum sentences.
There you go; box it up, mail it to TSCRA postage due and let them figure out where it goes. If they want special privileges, they need to accept the responsibilities that go with them.

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

I guess it is time to lock the post. Call the Sheriff is the answer. It is not legal to "keep" the animal. Thank you all for the suggestions. I learned a lot.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

KD5NRH wrote:There you go; box it up, mail it to TSCRA postage due and let them figure out where it goes. If they want special privileges, they need to accept the responsibilities that go with them.
It seems much easier to encourage the interloper to leave my property. If it goes through a fence to a neighbor, I'll fix the fence. If it goes out the gate into the road, I'll close the gate. Either way it's not my problem any more and the Cattle Rustlers Association can deal with it unless the Sheriff beats them to the punch
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

It doesn;'t seem right that a 200lb human can be penalized for trespassing, yet there is no penalty for letting a 2,000lb bull wander wherever .. Seems like the owner should be forced to pay grazing fees, rent, clean up something?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

That's a good point Liberty. It seems the owner should have to pay at least as much as the owner of a car that's towed.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”