Freedom Lost

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Freedom Lost

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Riley wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:MY prediction is that, as those models used by police departments begin to drop off the list, the manufacturers of those models will begin refusing to ship their guns OR PARTS FOR THOSE GUNS into California's various LEO department armories
I wish that were true but those single source contracts are too lucrative for them to turn down.
But they would still have to comply with the requirement to provide guns that microstamp. As far as I know, there is no exception under the law for law enforcement. That would eventually eliminate even a willing participant in California's fascism.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:P.S. Make sure you go eat at Claim Jumpers, it's an excellent restaurant chain in the state.
......but DON'T wear a tie in there. It used to be that if you wore a tie into a Claim Jumpers, one of the waiters would take a pair of scissors to it, and tack the trophy to the "wall of ties".
There used to be a steak house in DFW that did that, Trail Dust. They were in Aubrey, Dallas, Irving and Mesquite. Had a slide in the middle of the restaurant for kids (small AND big ones). I had a tie on the wall in the Dallas store. They had pretty good steaks too. Sadly, they went out of business. :sad:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Keith B wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:P.S. Make sure you go eat at Claim Jumpers, it's an excellent restaurant chain in the state.
......but DON'T wear a tie in there. It used to be that if you wore a tie into a Claim Jumpers, one of the waiters would take a pair of scissors to it, and tack the trophy to the "wall of ties".
There used to be a steak house in DFW that did that, Trail Dust. They were in Aubrey, Dallas, Irving and Mesquite. Had a slide in the middle of the restaurant for kids (small AND big ones). I had a tie on the wall in the Dallas store. They had pretty good steaks too. Sadly, they went out of business. :sad:
The only problem with Trail Dust was that you needed hearing protection on Friday & Saturday nights. Forget having a conversation with others at your table.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

I don't know if the Thordsen FRS is still an option for rifles that were not in Calistan on 1/1 but maybe worth looking into if you really want an AR in CA.

Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

I'm late to this thread but there is some good news. You can take your shotguns and handguns with you as long as they are CA legal. The handguns do not need to be on the roster if you're moving into state with them. You will however need to register them with the state.

Congrats on getting the job! Will you be able to transfer down the line?
Psalm 91:2

NNT

Post by NNT »

I grew up 90 miles north of there in the coastal range, I still have family there and go back often. +1 on calguns

Unfortunately laws are getting tighter, and what is legal now may not be at any point, or by an interpretation of a number or over zealous govt enforcers. Premit to buy ammo is needed, or will be soon (don't remember if it goes into effect jan or july). So all ammo purchases are tracked. You can't loan a gun to a friend to use, that has to go through a FFL transfer - if at the range with them he can shoot your gun, but he can't take it by himself - I love the geography, rivals anywhere in the country, but the politics have kept me in Texas :txflag: . Be very careful, especially in the Bay Area. Benefit of the doubt is not something you will get when it comes to firearms. :rules: The assumed intention is that you are trying to break the law if you have one. :fire That said, I usually take guns with me when I travel and we go shooting. There is a free range in Oroville (hour or so north of Sacramento) that is 400-500 yards, public, no supervision or cost. Call own cease fires, etc. And most national forest land you can drive into the mountains and shoot since it is federally controlled.

Congrats on your job, I looked into that field a few years ago but was told I was too old, and I was still in my 30's.

Topic author
ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Good Evening Gentlemen. I have settled into an apartment in Tracy. It's about a hour outside of the bay area and has a bit of a smallish town feel. I haven't brought any of my guns yet, but i may bring my shotgun and my pistol when I come back. It is completely illegal to bring any of my AR style rifles :( My dad gets to hold on to them for a while I guess. It is theoretically possible to transfer at some point, but it is really hard to leave this location because no one else wants to come here. Cost of living and taxes are worse than I ever imagined, but we'll make it. Thank you all for your comments and concern. I will continue to frequent the forum to get a little taste of home. I will try to get back as soon as I am able.
:tiphat:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Good Evening Gentlemen. I have settled into an apartment in Tracy. It's about a hour outside of the bay area and has a bit of a smallish town feel. I haven't brought any of my guns yet, but i may bring my shotgun and my pistol when I come back. It is completely illegal to bring any of my AR style rifles :( My dad gets to hold on to them for a while I guess. It is theoretically possible to transfer at some point, but it is really hard to leave this location because no one else wants to come here. Cost of living and taxes are worse than I ever imagined, but we'll make it. Thank you all for your comments and concern. I will continue to frequent the forum to get a little taste of home. I will try to get back as soon as I am able.
:tiphat:
Best of luck to you dude. Do stay in touch.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Tracy to OAK....oh my. I hope you don't have to commute during peak hours. I am sorry.

There is a way you can bring your AR in. The best way is to convert it to a featureless build and then register it when you move it in. You'll want to double check but that should be legal.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Other States”