PSA freedom upper review

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Weg
Posts in topic: 1

PSA freedom upper review

Post by Weg »

The price drops of recent on AR stuff finally bit me. Bought a Freedom upper with a 16" barrel for $179.00 not expecting much. Fit and finish looked good, put a Fail Zero BCG in it and headed out for a test fire. It was consistently shooting just under 1" at 50 yards with M855, which I was very happy with, never a jam, no issues getting my scope zeroed. Overall I think this was a steal. I also ordered 2 complete blemished lowers with adjustable stocks for $129.00 each, will pick those up at FFL next week. Just though i'd share with ya'll in case you were considering a cheap AR build.

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PSA freedom upper review

Post by mot7981 »

I’ve had several AR’s from Palmetto and have been very pleased with the product they provide for the price. I’ve found the PSA’s to be pretty reliable shooters. Most of the time the “blems” on the finish are not that noticeable and the fit is good enough for my use. Complete lowers for $129 as mentioned above along with completely assembled, test fired uppers for as little as $250 gets you “out the door” at $380. If you watch their ads you can usually get stuff shipped free and there’s no tax. At least not yet. It’s a great way to get into the AR platform and start experimenting for not too much dough.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”