Prayers please for my wife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Prayers please for my wife

Post by cmgee67 »

Spent all day with my wife yesterday at the emergency room because of a 4mm kidney stone. She had a super small one years ago but didn’t really hurt her. This one had pains that were almost incapacitating to her. A lady said that they usually compare those pains to if not worse than labor pains. All I know is that she is tougher than me and any man I’ve ever met. The doctor has her on bed rest for a couple days to try and pass the stone. Told her to drink lots of fluids and take her medicine he prescribed. So far she has little to no pain at the moment mostly due to the stone not moving very fast. I would appreciate prayers for us going through this and that the stone would pass with ease.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers please for my wife

Post by oljames3 »

Praying and agreeing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Prayers sent for your wife and family.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Been there done that. Worst pain ever. Prayers for quick resolution.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

She definitely has my prayers. Lord, please deliver her from the pain that she is enduring. We are praying for relief for this woman.

I bent the bars on the hospital bed from the pain with one of my stones.
After my 5th bout with kidney stones, I did some research on causes. Although there is (or wasn't at that time) any clear cause, and some may just be natural, lots of study pointed to carbonated drinks contributing to them. I used to drink Coke and Dr. Pepper all of the time but have since quit all carbonated drinks and haven't had a stone in 10 years, knock on wood.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

After having several kidney stones myself, I know what she's going through. Will keep your wife in my prayers.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've known a lot of people who have suffered from kidney stones and most wouldn't wish it on their worst enemies. Your wife is in my prayers.

Chas.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

After having gall stones and recently having my gall bladder removed due to the stones I can understand her pain. The worst pain I have ever experienced was the gall bladder attack from the stones. I will be praying.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Prayers for your wife.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

In my prayers! I've had to deal with two stones in my life, and like Charles said, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Once things settle down for you and your wife, look in to Apple Cider Vinegar capsules and Cranberry supplements. It has made a huge difference for me, along with cutting soda. I've read Ice Tea can also be a contributing factor and adding some lemon (lemonade or lemon juice) to it can help offset risks a bit.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers for your wife and family, it hurts to see a loved one in pain and not be able to do anything but hold their hand.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cmgee67 »

Thank you all!!!!!! She hasn’t passed it yet but is drinking lemonade and water and walking around a little. She hurts every now and then when it moves. She is not going to be happy about not drinking soda but i think she will go with it.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Lifting her up in prayer.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

cmgee67 wrote:Thank you all!!!!!! She hasn’t passed it yet but is drinking lemonade and water and walking around a little. She hurts every now and then when it moves. She is not going to be happy about not drinking soda but i think she will go with it.
My doctor said drink lots of cranberry juice and water.

The last one I had I captured it as it passed and took it to my doctor who looked at it and said "I've never seen one that big that anyone was able to pass." Didn't make me feel any better.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My brother is going through the same thing this very week. I hope this passes for her very quickly and with as little discomfort as possible.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”