Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Liberty Safe backdoor access

Post by puma guy »

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

Liberty has revealed that they keep copies of the codes for each safe as a service to customers who lose their codes. They have changed their policy to allow customers to opt out if they wish so the sole responsibility for the codes will rest with the customer if they choose the opt out option.

Details here.

They should add that they will not release codes to anyone other than the owners of their safes without a warrant or court order directed specifically to their company.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:25 pm ....

They should add that they will not release codes to anyone other than the owners of their safes without a warrant or court order directed specifically to their company.
They did. It's on page 3.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:20 pm (image deleted)
That's just wrong man.... :biggrinjester:

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:20 pm Image
:biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

that is in a word FUNNY
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:38 pm
puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:20 pm Image
:biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

that is in a word FUNNY
I agree

This event is all over the YouTube gun channels, they are showing all the memes. There was also a comment that there is a back door code that opens all the safes and this was given to the FBI. They said it’s not something you can override by changing your combination. Don’t know if this is true.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I think Liberty safe is done. This news just hit:
Monomoy Capital Partners, which purchased Liberty Safe in 2021, has contributed more almost half a million dollars to prominent Democrats such as Senators Raphael Warnock (D-GA), John Fetterman (D-PA), and Mark Kelly (D-AZ).

All of the donations made by the company total over $400,000 to the party that seeks to limit firearms.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharno ... s-n2628174

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

Chemist45 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:40 pm I think Liberty safe is done. This news just hit:
Monomoy Capital Partners, which purchased Liberty Safe in 2021, has contributed more almost half a million dollars to prominent Democrats such as Senators Raphael Warnock (D-GA), John Fetterman (D-PA), and Mark Kelly (D-AZ).

All of the donations made by the company total over $400,000 to the party that seeks to limit firearms.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharno ... s-n2628174
crazy as you know what ....
we need to keep pressure on them
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Safe lock combinations can be changed by either a locksmith or by a user who obtains a universal change key for that model of lock and CAREFULLY dials the new combination using the change mark on the dial face. Instructions can be obtained from the manufacturer of the lock.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:25 pm Liberty has revealed that they keep copies of the codes for each safe as a service to customers who lose their codes. They have changed their policy to allow customers to opt out if they wish so the sole responsibility for the codes will rest with the customer if they choose the opt out option.

Details here.

This is totally understandable. I for one was not to concerned about it as I'm not worried about any LEO wanting to get into my safe. Not to mention anything can be brute forced opened regardless given enough time. And I for one would like my safe intact after they've found nothing.

couzin

Post by couzin »

I have three electronic safes/vaults (various sizes). Changed the codes on all, but the default code supplied by the manufacturer also still works. Don't know if it is true for other makers though.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”