Walmart 249/Spring Cypress robbed @ Gunpoint 4:30am 8-17-08

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Boma
Posts in topic: 1

Walmart 249/Spring Cypress robbed @ Gunpoint 4:30am 8-17-08

Post by Boma »

I spoke with a cashier there as I was checking out, and the person told me that they got robbed at gunpoint last night at 4:30am. She said she got off at 3:30am last night, and she was working the same register that got robbed. A man came to the checkout with a shopping cart FULL of stuff and pulled out a gun. He demanded money, and he told the chasier to run the other way. He took off with the cart full of merchandise and the cash from the register. She never mentioned him being caught.

Becareful out there.

CainA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Walmart 249/Spring Cypress robbed @ Gunpoint 4:30am 8-17-08

Post by CainA »

Different one than this? With your dates, I'd assume so.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages ... geId=3.2.1

Is this another incident?

-Cain

elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

I'm just down the street from this Wally World. As a matter of fact I just returned home from there.

CainA

Post by CainA »

I'm just down the street from this Wally World.
I am too and I don't have the plastic to pack, so let me know next time you go so I can feel a little safer.

-Cain

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Good thing the robber didn't use foul language or he'd really be in trouble!
Byron Dickens

Sangiovese

Post by Sangiovese »

bdickens wrote:Good thing the robber didn't use foul language or he'd really be in trouble!
My boss just poked his head in my office and asked what I was laughing about :lol:
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

Cuda

Post by Cuda »

This is why I carry at every Wal-Mart in Houston and surrounding areas. I mainl use the one on 2920 and Kuykendahl. The one on louetta and 45 is closer but to many people shot in the parking lot there for me to shop.

the Wal- Mart and target on 1960 and Eldrige are not very nice to sho at either unless your a BG looking to score a victim.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper

Glock 23

Post by Glock 23 »

elwood blooz wrote:I'm just down the street from this Wally World. As a matter of fact I just returned home from there.
did you bring your full cart of unsacked items? :mrgreen:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

What the heck is going on in Houston???? It seems every time I turn around there is a post about violent crime there. You know...I lived there as a kid...about a hundred and fifty million years ago, I lived in Pasadena. I decided to show my son(who just moved to Houston to attend law school), where his dad went to elementary and junior high school. I was afraid to get out of the truck. I know for a fact Pasadena was not infested with the thug looking characters I saw all over the place back when I was a kid. That whole darned area needs a great big enema...IMHO. LOL...I couldn't help but repeat over and over again "it wasn't like this when I lived here". San Jacinto Intermediate looked just Like I remembered it...only the hood around it seems to have gone down the crapper.

ForTehNguyen

Post by ForTehNguyen »

could be some of the Katrina trash apparently didnt leave back to NO
CHL class taken: 6/08/08
CHL application received in Austin: 6/12/08
Current Status: Processing Application
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active: 1/06/09

XD 9mm Service, XD 9mm Subcompact, AR15 16" Midlength, AK47

Bart

Post by Bart »

When crime pays there is more of it.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

bryang

Post by bryang »

This is a very good lesson in being aware of any and everyone around you, not just the ones that look a certain way. Who would ever expect a man driving a BMW to have just held up Wal Mart! You just don't know...be aware, be alert, be prepared, and always be in conditional yellow! :thumbs2:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

03Lightningrocks

ForTehNguyen wrote:could be some of the Katrina trash apparently didnt leave back to NO
We had some of the same problem in the Dallas area. It's not as bad as in Houston, but I don't think we took in as many as Houston did either. I don't think anyone thought about how to get them to leave after the emergency was over. They sure as heck weren't going to go back to NO. Somebody might expect them to get a job. I was in N.O. about a year after the Hurricane. The place was crawling with illegals. All fat and happy making the big bucks cleaning up the mess the very people from there were not willing to clean up. Just after Katrina...our population of "Katrina Refugees" swelled as did our incidence of petty crime and theft. The neighborhoods these fine folks are moving into(usually large chunks of section 8 apartments) are turning to garbage. Guess they wanted to make it more like home. I am beginning to understand the old comment..."there goes the neighborhood".

03Lightningrocks

bryang wrote:This is a very good lesson in being aware of any and everyone around you, not just the ones that look a certain way. Who would ever expect a man driving a BMW to have just held up Wal Mart! You just don't know...be aware, be alert, be prepared, and always be in conditional yellow! :thumbs2:

-geo

LOL...a man driving a BMW???? That is one way to put it. I have seen many a gang banger, thug, drug dealing scum driving 60 thousand dollar cars. There is good money in stealing and dealing. But I get what your saying. I was surprised by the same thing. This guy appears to be an amatuer. His days of freedom are numbered....IMHO.

As far as being on the lookout...even if I see somebody jacking wally world, I don't plan to do squawt about it anyway. Wally World doesn't give a hoot. Why should I? As long as the perp isn't shooting at people...I say adios...let him go and let the insurance companies and cops do their jobs.

I always find it curious when folks read these stories and then post comments about this being why they carry a gun. What??? This is why you carry a gun???? It makes me wonder if they think they are the caped crusader or something. This has nothing to do with why we have a CHL. We aren't cops...and we aren't charged with defending the streets from crime. We carry a gun for SELF defense...pure and simple. This is clearly not a case where any CHL holder should get involved...in any way form or fashion. I take that back a little. Maybe provide a good description to the police when they get there. Just like you would do before you received your CHL. It is a CHL...not a junior cop badge. This guy posed no threat of violence to anyone other than the clerk and she did just as she was trained to do. Give him the darned money and let him get out of the store.

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

In the instant case, is there justification for a good shoot? Can you take these people out once they begin their robbery effort, or do you wait until they start busting caps on people? Personally, I would be in fear of my life and great bodily harm when the robbery commences, given the propensity for suspects to shoot victims in these type situations.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”