written part of the chl test

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 2

Re: written part of the chl test

Post by Captain Matt »

I don't recognize any of those questions. Do instructors get to make up their own tests?
"hic sunt dracones"

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

Captain Matt wrote:I don't recognize any of those questions. Do instructors get to make up their own tests?
No, intructors don't, but people who post to internet forums can.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Armed-Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Armed-Texan »

the shooting is so easy. i had three raggedy holes in my paper until the very end, i had a flier. so i did the little scene from super troopers with my brother where they are at the range and one of says, 'what about that little guy, oh that little guy, i wouldn't worry about that little guy.

the written part is a snap, i was getting really nervous when he was handing out the tests and being very serious. i didn't miss one and felt silly for being nervous. we graded each others test. we were supposed to switch with whoever we were sitting with but since i was with my brother i switched with another table, ethics ya know! my brother only missed one, and it was worded very funny. nobody failed. then as we were grading the tests we went over the answers to reinforce why they were correct. guy was a good instructor. and being a SWAT/FIREARMS instructor, had some GREEEAAAT stories. :thumbs2: for the instructor!!!

RiveraRa

Post by RiveraRa »

The written test was easy. I passed with a 98% and the question I got wrong was only because I misread it.
The range test was just as easy. Even if you havent shot before you should be in good condition. Both of the guys on the line next to me must have been friends taking the test together. Neither of then knew how to lock their slide back or decock their pistol. They both passed
01/10/2009 - CHL class
06/16/2009 - Mailed application to DPS
06/18/2009 - Paperwork Received
06/25/2009 - Money Order Cashed
07/15/2009 - PIN Received
09/02/2009 - Application Completed
09/05/2009 - Plastic in Hand
Current Status: License in hand!

Topic author
05kas05
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 05kas05 »

thanks guys for everything i took my test saturday the 17th and passed who knew it would be that easy.well i will get my app. in the mail and see how long it takes. once again thanks for helping me keep my mind at ease

Hunter11

Post by Hunter11 »

I take my CHL class on 2/14, send me the test questions. :lol:

huntnetime

Post by huntnetime »

I just took the course yesterday. It was a breeze. I'm actually quite surprised how easy it is. I guess they figure if you are a stand-up citizen who is willing to go through the motions and submit to a background check and send them money then that is good enough for them. Remember, thugs and criminals don't go through the course. If they are capable of carrying a weapon I figured the state is willing to make it a little easier on the good citizen to obtain the license to even the odds a little.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”