Handgun training for my Wife

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
concan
Posts in topic: 1

Handgun training for my Wife

Post by concan »

She is good with deer rifle and shotgun but has little time behind a handgun. I'd like to find someone to teach her the proper use of and the safety issues of a handgun in preparation for her getting a CCL. Please anyone have a recommendation in the Houston/Seabrook/Texas City area. Depending on the cost I might also consider sending my daughter and daughter in law to it as well.
Thanks

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Handgun training for my Wife

Post by Liberty »

concan wrote:She is good with deer rifle and shotgun but has little time behind a handgun. I'd like to find someone to teach her the proper use of and the safety issues of a handgun in preparation for her getting a CCL. Please anyone have a recommendation in the Houston/Seabrook/Texas City area. Depending on the cost I might also consider sending my daughter and daughter in law to it as well.
Thanks
Tom Estap has a great reputatation as a shooting coach, and has done a lot of work with woman. He is based in Texas city. He also teaches a CHL class.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Our own CompVest teaches a ladies-only class plus continuing education at Pearland Shooting Center. Don't hesitate. PM her right away!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

jdh2580

Post by jdh2580 »

+1 for Tom Estep known as Elgato on this forum.

+1 for Compvest the moderator of this index.

You can't go wrong with either of these fine individuals teaching your wife :fire .

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

My CHL instructor at Top Gun was Dan Blackford - he's ex-Secret Sevice now working for another branch of the Fed's.

He runs his own company on the side called Shadow Systems.
Tel: 281-839-7855
email: shadowsystems@comcast.net

He does Security Consulting and Firearms Training on top of being a CHL instructor. I'm not sure if he works exclusively at Top Gun.

I almost have my wife talked into taking lessons and getting her CHL and that's who I'm going to suggest she goes to. He not only does individual training but also teaches couples how to work in pairs if a crisis arises.
CHL since 01/26/09

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

PM sent. Thank ya'll for the kind words!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Pete92FS wrote:My CHL instructor at Top Gun was Dan Blackford - he's ex-Secret Sevice now working for another branch of the Fed's.

He runs his own company on the side called Shadow Systems.
Tel: 281-839-7855
email: shadowsystems@comcast.net

He does Security Consulting and Firearms Training on top of being a CHL instructor. I'm not sure if he works exclusively at Top Gun.

I almost have my wife talked into taking lessons and getting her CHL and that's who I'm going to suggest she goes to. He not only does individual training but also teaches couples how to work in pairs if a crisis arises.
I have heard some bad things about the pricing structure at Top Gun. I've heard of people paying $150 dollars for a CHL classes. Getting a CHL is an expensive proposition. There are people who will do it at a reasonable cost in the area.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Ladies”