Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 6

bushnell holosight problem, need help

Post by TexasComputerDude »

Hey yall,

I'm having problems with my bushnell holosight on my AR. Its EATING through batteries, even when turned off. It will deplete the batteries overnight.

I don't know whats going on with it, it works when I put in new batteries, but if I turn it off and let it sit for pretty much any amount of time the batteries die.

Have any of yall ever encountered this, I'd rather solve it myself than call bushnel tech support.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Topic author
TexasComputerDude

Re: bushnell holosight problem, need help

update, I tried a fresh set of batteries last night and it within 2 hours they were completely dead.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Sure sounds like there's a +/- short in there somewhere, doesn't it? I've never had a Bushnell Holosight, but have three EOTechs and have never seen that kind of behavior. I doubt there's a better option than contacting Bushnell suppport. If you're the original owner, I imagine they'd replace it for you.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
TexasComputerDude

well wouldn't the batteries get hot if it were? idk, I guess its time to call tech support, hope they are open on weekends.

I really wanted an EOTECH but couldn't find one after like 2 months of looking, or a busnell for that matter. so the first one I saw I bought up.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

How old is it? If less than 30 days, I would take it back to the store (if you bought it from one.) Otherwise, I would not waste any time in calling Bushnell about this.

As for the batteries getting hot, unless it is a dead short, anything that has a high resistance may drain the batteries quickly, but won't let them get very warm, if warm at all.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The batteries would only get hot if you had a direct short. Are you sure you are installing them in the correct polarity? If they are draining with the power turned off there is another problem with the on/off switch or other circuitry.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
TexasComputerDude

This site is about 5 months old.

I got it in december.
Glock 30 - main ccw

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I would try a brand new from the store name brand battery before I did or called anyone. I had a similar problem with a digital camera and it turned out to be some cheap no name batteries I got on sale at target. I had three packages of them and they would not last 2-3 hours and then die. I bought a package of new Energizer batteries and had no problems. Just a thought.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
TexasComputerDude

thanks for the tip, I know the first set were cheap, but I think the second set were duracell. but I'm not sure, I gotta look again.

I'm going to be mad if I have a 300$ paperweight.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

TexasComputerDude wrote:thanks for the tip, I know the first set were cheap, but I think the second set were duracell. but I'm not sure, I gotta look again.

I'm going to be mad if I have a 300$ paperweight.
If it is only 5 months old, how long is the warranty?? I would sure contact Bushnell on it.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
TexasComputerDude

I'm calling first thing friday morning since its the first day of summer and finals are over.

I just hope I don't have to have a reciept cause I don't know where I put it. I think I left it in the box but I'm not 100% sure.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”