NRA Life Memberships for $300

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 2

NRA Life Memberships for $300

Post by TxD »

Is anyone familiar with the promotion whereby an NRA life member can sign up new life members for a one time $300 membership fee?
This is apearently some kind of a year end promotion.
If true I would like to get a lifetime membership for my grandson.
Any lifers on here know about this?
Black Rifles Matter

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 11

Re: NRA Life Memberships for $300

Post by Skiprr »

I haven't heard of a current promotion, but from past experience I'd call NRA headquarters at 800-672-3888 (option #3), and ask for the lifetime membership department. The folks staffing the general information line at 877-NRA-2000 are not necessarily told about life member upgrade opportunities.

The NRA does make these available from time to time, and I sure wouldn't hesitate to call the life member staff directly to get all the facts.

And what a nice Christmas present, Grandad. (How did you get to be a Grandad as young as you are?)

Your grandson may not appreciate it now as much as he will later, but that's definitely a gift that will keep on giving, year after year. :patriot:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

TxD wrote:Is anyone familiar with the promotion whereby an NRA life member can sign up new life members for a one time $300 membership fee?
This is apearently some kind of a year end promotion.
If true I would like to get a lifetime membership for my grandson.
Any lifers on here know about this?
In the past two years there have been a couple of promotions. One was for family members only, while the other was for anyone who was sponsored by a life member. I sponsored a few forum members.

Sometimes people post information about membership drives without realizing that they are old threads. I suggest that you call the NRA as Skiprr suggested. When you find out please let us know.
NRA Endowment Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

The mailer I received says family life memberships are $300, family annual memberships are $19, and I can upgrade to endowment for $200.
Steve Rothstein

koolaid

Post by koolaid »

I got in on the last one they did. This one runs until January 31, 2010. It is technically for "family" members, but they don't have a way to verify that. You just need someone's membership # and name and you can get the $300 life membership.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

If this should come around again, I hope someone will post a notice to the forum. I'd definitely take advantage of such an offer if I were aware of it.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

rinnels69

Post by rinnels69 »

der Teufel wrote:If this should come around again, I hope someone will post a notice to the forum. I'd definitely take advantage of such an offer if I were aware of it.
Ditto! :patriot:

psijac

Post by psijac »

I feel that membership in the NRA is not for me. I have only handguns and no rifles. I love talking to people about guns and carry laws, I think that being a card carrying member is push me away from the Center and open me up to strawman agruements.

[youtube][/youtube]

This is one of the most influential women of Texas and a champion of RKBA. The very first words out of her mouth are "I'm not here representing the NRA, I'm not even a member"

I'm not saying the organization is bad or that I'll never join, It just not the time for me to join right now.

Sorry Chas
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

rinnels69 wrote:
der Teufel wrote:If this should come around again, I hope someone will post a notice to the forum. I'd definitely take advantage of such an offer if I were aware of it.
Ditto! :patriot:
+2
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

nra-life-member

Post by nra-life-member »

I received mail about becoming an Endowment Life Member for $ 250 (Regular $1000). and signing up a family member for $300.00 (Life Membership). This came in the mailed to activate the ArmsCare insurance the other week.
Last edited by nra-life-member on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Purplehood »

psijac wrote:I feel that membership in the NRA is not for me. I have only handguns and no rifles. I love talking to people about guns and carry laws, I think that being a card carrying member is push me away from the Center and open me up to strawman agruements.

[youtube][/youtube]

This is one of the most influential women of Texas and a champion of RKBA. The very first words out of her mouth are "I'm not here representing the NRA, I'm not even a member"

I'm not saying the organization is bad or that I'll never join, It just not the time for me to join right now.

Sorry Chas
Are you basing your decision solely on the fact that you "have only handguns and no rifles"? The NRA isn't solely about a magazine and hunting, it is about your rights as an American citizen.
I don't hunt (anymore) and I rarely shoot rifle but I am a life-member. I see the NRA as an advocate for my rights.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Wrightwing

Post by Wrightwing »

I paid off my Easy Pay Life Membership last week. Received my new credentials today :clapping:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Mike1951 »

I did receive a PM from a member on 1/12/2010, thanking me.

He had found my name and member number in one of the old NRA threads and used it to get the $300 Life Membership.

According to him, the deal was in effect until 1/15.

It was in the last week that I got the mail offer from the NRA for family members.

Not sure how much 'fudging' they'll allow this go round.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Skiprr »

Wrightwing wrote:I paid off my Easy Pay Life Membership last week. Received my new credentials today :clapping:
Congratulations! And, thank you.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Bringing threads back from the dead seems to happen quite a bit on this board, and this one has already had it happen once or twice, so I thought I would do ti to it again.

I just got the mailer for legacy life memberships. It does say family (son, grandson, nephew, daughter, granddaughter, niece) and only one with a note that unclaimed legacy memberships will be available after May 31, the deadline for claiming your one membership.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “National Rifle Association”