Topic author
dogtowntom
Posts in topic: 1

FFL transfers in Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney

Post by dogtowntom »

UPDATED June 2018

Tom Hart
Hart Sports
I'm in north Plano (near Legacy & Custer)
469-223-9391
thart@tx.rr.com

Questions? Please email for fastest response. I'm a teacher, phone calls after 4pm please.

Transfer fees: $20 transfers ($10 for Texas CHL/LTC, active military, police, fire, schoolteachers)
$50 NFA Transfers ..............FREE if from SilencerShop.com (machine gun fee varies)

****************************************************************************************************

All I need for the transfer is:

Your name, phone number, email address

And

If BUYING:

• Sellers Name
• Address
• Email address (IMPORTANT- FFL will be sent via email. Due to unreadable FFL’s we no longer use a fax machine)
• Phone #
• Auction or item #
• Description of firearm being transferred (ex. Sig 220, Glock 17, Remington 870, etc)

When you pay seller tell them that HART SPORTS is your transfer FFL. If the seller is not a licensed dealer (does not have FFL) then I will need a copy of their driver's license (they can black out their birthdate & DL#)

Once firearm arrives, I’ll email you to schedule a time for pickup. I’m a teacher, so I’ll be available AFTER 5pm Monday – Friday. When you come to pickup your firearm you'll need to complete a Form 4473 and pass the NICS background check which is done while you are here (not needed if you have a CHL).

I charge $20 for a transfer ($10 w/CHL, military, police, fire or teacher).

My fee for shipping a firearm is $10+ actual postage/adult signature/insurance.

If you are selling a handgun I can ship cheaper than a non dealer.

While anyone can ship long guns using the US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx, only a licensed gun dealer is allowed to ship handguns via US Postal Service. An individual must use the overnight services of a “common carrier” such as FedEx or UPS. Typically, the cost of using USPS is less than half of what UPS/FedEx will charge.

Only a licensed gun dealer (FFL) may receive a firearm shipment, so I will need a copy of the receiving dealers FFL emailed to me prior to shipment.
If shipping a firearm through me, please do not seal package until you get here. I must log the firearm into my bound book prior to shipment.
Last edited by dogtowntom on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Need an FFL in north Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me.

$20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military, police, firefighters or schoolteachers)

mambro
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FFL transfers in Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney

Post by mambro »

Big "+1" for Tom. Nice and easy HK transfer yesterday. Quick to respond to emails and phone calls. He's now on the top of my FFL list. :txflag:

AEA
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AEA »

He's on top of my FFL list too and I haven't even met him yet! :oops:

I've got a couple of items winging their way to him as we speak. I suppose I will get to see him and my new "Cowboy stuff" sometime next week. ;-)
Last edited by AEA on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Rocket_Cowboy

Post by Rocket_Cowboy »

I give Tom a big + as well. While I didn't end up using him for my transfer (I found the gun locally so didn't need to purchase out of state), my interactions with Tom while making sure everything was lined up for the out of state purchase were top notch, very professional. I've kept Tom's information on file and have been looking for the right deal to pull the trigger on.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Met with Tom last week and picked up my "Cowboy Stuff".

Tom is a very nice guy. I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes and picked up two weapons.

Thanks Tom, I will use you again in the future as needed. :tiphat:
1911's RULE!

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Fee for CHLer are now $15. This is what I paid for Tom for my last transfer. A very nice guy. +1 for Tom.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mambro

Post by mambro »

Folks,
Note that Tom has moved to another location in Plano as of Feb 1, 2010.

Based on the previous post, I also verified the transfer fees with Tom: "I charge $20 for a transfer ($10 w/CHL, military, police, fire or teacher)"

Here is part of the email he sent to clients:
I’ve moved!

Beginning Monday, February 1st I’ll be in my new home near the intersection of Custer & Legacy in Plano.

Please note that I’ll be issued an updated Federal Firearms License with the new address. If you intend to purchase a firearm confirm with me that they have my updated FFL.

Although all transfers will be at my home, all shipments should be made to my shipping address only (see below)

Tom Hart
Hart Sports
6908 Beeman Drive
Plano, TX 75023
(469) 223-9391
thart@tx.rr.com

SHIPPING ADDRESS: All firearm shipments (FedEx, UPS & US Postal Service) must be addressed as follows:

Tom Hart
Hart Sports
3948 Legacy Dr.
Suite 106 #175
Plano, TX 75023-8600

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

Tom is a pleasure deal with. As previously mentioned...very quick with emails, phone calls, etc. I'll be using him for all my FFL needs as long as he'll have me :)

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Excellent service. Tom is great to work with!!!

stsai465

Post by stsai465 »

Wanted to give another thumbs up to Tom Hart. I had never bought a gun online before and was intimidated by the process. Tom took the time to explain the process to me and walk me through what I needed to provide for him. He's been very responsive and quick on getting that info to the vendors and I've had 2 successful transactions from him. Future guns I get online will definitely be going through him.
04/19/09 -- CHL Class Taken
04/23/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
05/10/09 -- Processing Application
08/04/09 -- Application Complete
08/07/09 -- Plastic in hand!

AEA

Post by AEA »

Tom is a fine person and quick to respond to any questions/concerns.

I use him exclusively after trying many others before. I just picked up my new EMP from him a few days ago. I was in and out in 5 minutes and would have stayed longer to chat but he had others on the way to get theirs and I didn't want to delay him.

He is the kind of guy that will chat with you if you want and if you don't then he will just do his work and get you out. I can appreciate both of those actions and that's why I continue to use him.
1911's RULE!

03Lightningrocks

AEA wrote:Tom is a fine person and quick to respond to any questions/concerns.

I use him exclusively after trying many others before. I just picked up my new EMP from him a few days ago. I was in and out in 5 minutes and would have stayed longer to chat but he had others on the way to get theirs and I didn't want to delay him.

He is the kind of guy that will chat with you if you want and if you don't then he will just do his work and get you out. I can appreciate both of those actions and that's why I continue to use him.

:iagree:

Silent_Sam

Post by Silent_Sam »

For anyone in the area looking to do a transfer, I would easily recommend Tom Hart. I did a few with him recently. He was patient, informative, and got the job done swiftly without any hassles. I was originally leaning towards giving my business to a notable pawn shop in the area that was conveniently close by. They couldn't be bothered to answer my questions. Clearly, bigger isn't always better.

I would definitely do another transfer with Tom, and have no hesitation letting friends and family know where they can find a good FFL holder in the area.

:thumbs2:

S

03Lightningrocks

Silent_Sam wrote:For anyone in the area looking to do a transfer, I would easily recommend Tom Hart. I did a few with him recently. He was patient, informative, and got the job done swiftly without any hassles. I was originally leaning towards giving my business to a notable pawn shop in the area that was conveniently close by. They couldn't be bothered to answer my questions. Clearly, bigger isn't always better.

I would definitely do another transfer with Tom, and have no hesitation letting friends and family know where they can find a good FFL holder in the area.

:thumbs2:

S
He is great to work with on both ends. I have sold weapons on GB that he has handled for me. He even helped me with the packing. :patriot:

Tim the Teacher

Post by Tim the Teacher »

Thanks ya'll.... I have Tom helping me with a late Christmas present for myself :)

Return to “FFL Holders”