A LETTER TO THE OWNER OF BACHMAN PAWN AND GUNS

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 12

A LETTER TO THE OWNER OF BACHMAN PAWN AND GUNS

Post by aaangel »

Please review your customer service policy with your clerks!!!! i went in there this afternoon with $1000 in hand (from my tax refund) ready to spend it all!! big guy didn't want to be bothered!!!! i guess business is booming huh? be careful..... it might blow up in your face!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 4

Re: A LETTER TO THE OWNER OF BACHMAN PAWN AND GUNS

Post by randomoutburst »

I did not have a good experience there. An older gentleman, when my husband and I were looking for my shotgun, severely offended me. I held the shotgun up to my shoulder in proper form to see how it felt, and he very condescendingly said, "Oh, no...honey, you want to hold that down here," and moved it near my waist and tucked my arm in close next to it. "It's easier for a lady to use this way."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :mad5

We've gone there once to purchase a used gun because it was a good price, but we won't go there again because of poor service. They don't have what we need and the salesclerks either ignore us or "school" us.

shortysboy09
Posts in topic: 1

Post by shortysboy09 »

Hmmm... I have heard nothing but good things up until this point about Bachman. I just thought they were really focused on business and getting you in, get what you need, and get you on down the road. randomoutburst, He didn't pay any attention to you? Was he with customers? can2boy, You don't think the gentlemen that served you was being humorous did you?
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

I wanted to buy a XD from them once upon a time. The salesjerk I tried to talk with convinced me, by his manner, that Budsguns wanted my business more than Bachman needed it. Sure 'nuff, Buds came through, once again, with flying colors.

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

shortysboy09 wrote:Hmmm... I have heard nothing but good things up until this point about Bachman. I just thought they were really focused on business and getting you in, get what you need, and get you on down the road. randomoutburst, He didn't pay any attention to you? Was he with customers? can2boy, You don't think the gentlemen that served you was being humorous did you?
nope, i was the only one there!!! big boy was flipping through some magazine. When i asked him where the rugers are, he pointed them out and went in the back! maybe i didn't fit the stereotype!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Bayllor

Post by Bayllor »

I had a good experience with their gun show crew in Houston. Best price I've found on a new XD9SC. Haven't been to their store, but it sounds like a completely different experience. I recall the big guy folks always talk about and the amount of business their booth was getting kept him way too busy to talk. Probably a good thing.
NRA Member
TSRA

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

ROFL! Never been there, but reminds me of buying a piano for my late wife.

We had seen the piano through the showroom window on a Sunday, not the best way to shop for pianos, but what the heck.

I was feeling real flush, with $10,000+ of overtime accumulated and burning a hole in my pocket, and she needed a new piano.

On Monday, on my way back to the garage after a long day of climbing poles, I walked into the showroom, still in my grungies.

A VERY condescending salesman came over and asked, in his best Brahmin accent, "Moy Ah Help You, Sahr?" and when I told him I was shopping for a piano for my wife and I wanted to know the price of that one, he asked "She plays does she?"

Of course this just riled up the redneck in me, so I dumbed my language down a few levels and told him that we was thinkin' of gettin' her lessons now that the passel of kids was gettin' up to an age where they didn't have to be coddled and suckled all the time and we kind a liked that purty one over thar.

He gave me to understand that if I had to ask the price I couldn't afford it and ushered me out of the showroom as quickly as he could.

That night my wife's piano coach was at our house, and we mentioned the store, and the piano, and she, the coach, trold us that she knew the salesman and he was just that stuck up, and BTW, her mother also worked at that store, and she would be glad to arrange a showing for us.

So the next Saturday we all trooped in, my wife, her coach, her mentor, and one of her professors from college, our son, and myself, and met the coaches mother at the door. Mr. Snotty watched us in amazement as we ALL sat down at the instrument in question and played (of course all I could ever manage was a barroom boogie, but there was a principle at stake) and then I whipped out $10,000.00 in cash and paid $9,800.00 after tax for the piano.

As we trooped back out the door I turned to Mr. Snotty and told him, back in my redneck accent, that he'all should make better sure how he handled folks in the future or he would miss a lot more commissions like that. Up until tha moment he hadn't recognized me, but you could see dawn break just then, as he sputtered.

Instant karma can be a good thing.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Oldgringo wrote:I wanted to buy a XD from them once upon a time. The salesjerk I tried to talk with convinced me, by his manner, that Budsguns wanted my business more than Bachman needed it. Sure 'nuff, Buds came through, once again, with flying colors.

:iagree: Bud's beats the heck out of dealing with gunshop commandoes and snobs.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

I've done business with them at the Houston/Pasadena gun shows and have been very happy with price and service. But I have read that gun show business and store are two different businesses or something like that. I called the shop in Dallas one time asking about their gun show price on a gun and they got kinda irritated about it.
I support the right to arm bears.

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

gun show business and store are two different businesses
are they cheaper @the gun show??? nope gun zone and AJC sports have better prices! plus i'll pay the extra $$$$ for good customer service.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 4

Post by randomoutburst »

shortysboy09 wrote:Hmmm... I have heard nothing but good things up until this point about Bachman. I just thought they were really focused on business and getting you in, get what you need, and get you on down the road. randomoutburst, He didn't pay any attention to you? Was he with customers? can2boy, You don't think the gentlemen that served you was being humorous did you?
Every time we've been there, there was only one or two other people in the store and at least three clerks. Each time stood there for a good 10 minutes staring at the firearm(s) of interest, looking around, making eye contact with the clerks (who were usually standing behind the doorway leading to the back), looking at the firearm(s) again, saying "excuse me" to get their attention, waiting while they finished up whatever chat they were having. This happened every time we went there and at first we dismissed it as they were having a slow day so they were enjoying chatting a little, but every time? Come on.

And the guy who made the comment about the shotgun upset me because, at the time, I was just opening up to firearms so wasn't terribly experienced, but I knew enough to know how to hold it properly. We told the guy I would be using it as a HD shotgun as well as for skeet (I had already been once so I knew how to properly seat it on my shoulder) and that I was feeling them out because the one I had been using was too heavy in front so it made it hard for me to hold up for long without tiring my arms out. I ended up buying my Maverick 88 from them simply because they had one that day and I liked the way it felt, but haven't ever bought anything else because the other few times I was in just to see what they had, all I got was grief from the salesclerks. I was looking at 9mm, they'd recommend a .380 because I could "carry it in my purse". Please note, I was not carrying a purse, never carry a purse, and even commented on that fact. They replied with, "Well, you wouldn't carry it on your PERSON!" I wanted a .357 revolver, they'd recommend an Airweight .38 "for a lady". That was the last time I went in, and good riddance.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that I always went in with my husband...but even though I was the one doing the shopping, with my money, they seemed to want to talk to him more than me about my choice.
I know some ladies look for "sexist" treatment so they can complain about it...but the only other time I have EVER felt this way was when I was buying a car (my money) and the car salesman wouldn't say a word to me - just my husband. Needless to say, we went elsewhere for the car. Same with my firearms.

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

jimlongley wrote:ROFL! Never been there, but reminds me of buying a piano for my late wife.

We had seen the piano through the showroom window on a Sunday, not the best way to shop for pianos, but what the heck.

I was feeling real flush, with $10,000+ of overtime accumulated and burning a hole in my pocket, and she needed a new piano.

On Monday, on my way back to the garage after a long day of climbing poles, I walked into the showroom, still in my grungies.

A VERY condescending salesman came over and asked, in his best Brahmin accent, "Moy Ah Help You, Sahr?" and when I told him I was shopping for a piano for my wife and I wanted to know the price of that one, he asked "She plays does she?"

Of course this just riled up the redneck in me, so I dumbed my language down a few levels and told him that we was thinkin' of gettin' her lessons now that the passel of kids was gettin' up to an age where they didn't have to be coddled and suckled all the time and we kind a liked that purty one over thar.

He gave me to understand that if I had to ask the price I couldn't afford it and ushered me out of the showroom as quickly as he could.

That night my wife's piano coach was at our house, and we mentioned the store, and the piano, and she, the coach, trold us that she knew the salesman and he was just that stuck up, and BTW, her mother also worked at that store, and she would be glad to arrange a showing for us.

So the next Saturday we all trooped in, my wife, her coach, her mentor, and one of her professors from college, our son, and myself, and met the coaches mother at the door. Mr. Snotty watched us in amazement as we ALL sat down at the instrument in question and played (of course all I could ever manage was a barroom boogie, but there was a principle at stake) and then I whipped out $10,000.00 in cash and paid $9,800.00 after tax for the piano.

As we trooped back out the door I turned to Mr. Snotty and told him, back in my redneck accent, that he'all should make better sure how he handled folks in the future or he would miss a lot more commissions like that. Up until tha moment he hadn't recognized me, but you could see dawn break just then, as he sputtered.

Instant karma can be a good thing.
Don't mean to hijack, but that is one of the funniest snob stories I've heard.

Some people don't realize that some people's wealth is not necessarily shown in the cars they drive or the clothes they wear, and I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that try their best to appear to be wealthy and have their whole life on a credit card.
Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

can2boy wrote:
gun show business and store are two different businesses
are they cheaper @the gun show??? nope gun zone and AJC sports have better prices! plus i'll pay the extra $$$$ for good customer service.
Would have loved to business with AJC sports at the gun show - I hear they're good folks - but they didn't have the 26 with night sights. Bachman's price at the gun show in Pasadena was very good.

Like I said, the gun show folks have been ok, but what ever you do, don't call the pawn shop and ask them for gun show prices, they don't like that. ;-)
I support the right to arm bears.

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

some people's wealth is not necessarily shown in the cars they drive or the clothes they wear
don't judge a book by it's cover!!! i will be @ the fw gun show this weekend to tell the owner how great his clerks are with their CS skills.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Me and my wife's last visit was August 2002 for this very reason. It is obvious they do not need my money and I am sure glad they are not the only shop is DFW.

Return to “Never Again!!”