A LETTER TO THE OWNER OF BACHMAN PAWN AND GUNS

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ske1eter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A LETTER TO THE OWNER OF BACHMAN PAWN AND GUNS

Post by ske1eter »

can2boy wrote:Please review your customer service policy with your clerks!!!! i went in there this afternoon with $1000 in hand (from my tax refund) ready to spend it all!! big guy didn't want to be bothered!!!! i guess business is booming huh? be careful..... it might blow up in your face!
I've had this issue with them at a fairly recent gun show at Big Town. I was ready to buy a new Glock19 from Bachman but the "big guy (read: big, fat, arrogant dude)" didn't want to be bothered with me then either. I went to Doc's Guns at the front of the building and bought from them instead.

As an aside, a friend was buying one of those S&W scandium revolvers from Bachman. The "big guy" wrestled with trying to get the cylinder opened and never did get it opened, so he just hands the gun to my friend. I take it from him and turned in the ejector rod counter clockwise like any reasonable gun guy would do. The cylinder then opens with no problems. I hand it back to my friend and told him what the issue was. "Big guy" says yeah, that's what it was... like he had a clue. Idiot.

J Wilson
Posts in topic: 3

Post by J Wilson »

Still don't understand the "REDNECK comment by Recit??????All I was saying is that I have done alot of business with Bachman Pawn,and never have had a problem.

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by aaangel »

^^^^^^^^^ let's not go there guys! i think recit was joking around that it was a racial thing! i think we are getting off the main topic here. it's all about good/friendly customer service if you are in the retail business!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

I have only good experiences with Bachman at gun shows.
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 12

Post by aaangel »

nice to see this thread had already 1188 views so far! now if only half of those people that viewed this decided not to do business with them......... then i've won! thanks guys!!! and to AndyC, you're are right sir! good CS goes a long way! i hope other dealers learn from andy!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Those are VERY wise words!

FWIW - I've been to Bachman's retail location once - they were friendly and helpful to my wife and I, no negative vibes or anything - we were over in the area and just dropped in to browse.
AndyC wrote:I worked in a gun store for a while after the army and the owner told me "When people come in, smile and greet them, tell them they're welcome to browse around and that you're there if they have any questions. Guide them, correct them if necessary but *never* condescend to them."

We sold a *lot* of firearms.

txcshooter

Post by txcshooter »

silverbear wrote:
can2boy wrote:
nope gun zone and AJC sports have better prices! plus i'll pay the extra $$$$ for good customer service.
Would have loved to business with AJC sports at the gun show - I hear they're good folks - but they didn't have the 26 with night sights. Bachman's price at the gun show in Pasadena was very good.

When I was shopping around for my G19, the cheapest place I found was a small gun store in Texas City. They had it for $499 new. Before that the cheapest price I found was $535 new. Having this knowledge beforehand, I then went to a gunshow in Pasadena. I looked everywhere there but only one vendor, AJC, had the G19 for $449 new. :anamatedbanana
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

When I read online reviews on AJC it was really ugly. All the bad comments had to do with experiences in the store and not at the gun shows. I do know that their gun show prices are a lot lower than their store prices. I've never bought anything from AJC so all I know is what I read. I did buy a Smith & Wesson stainless Mod. 410S .40 from Bachman at a gun show at George R. Brown and had no problems and they were the cheapest there.

lovemybersa

Post by lovemybersa »

@randomoutburst:
I don't put with a store that treats me that way. When I go into a store and ask to see a .45, DO NOT offer me a .22 instead! :mad5 I am not a feminazi but PUH-LEEZ! Why don't you call me "Little Lady" and pat me on the head while you are at it? :totap: I went into that same "well-known" pawn/gunshop in the Beaumont area and while I was checking out a gun, this guy tells me..."Does my heart good to see a pretty little gal that knows her way around a firearm!" I was not really offended by this, but I gotta ask, "Why?" Do you assume that most women don't know squat about guns? I may not know everything, but I have seen many a man in a gun store with absolutely NO muzzle awareness and completely clueless as to why I am dodging when he swings it my way. One guy laughed and said, "It's ok, it empty." When I asked how he KNEW he said, "Well, it's new and never been fired." Guess he missed Gun safety rule #1. Ok, stepping down from the soap box now! LOL :smilelol5:

Shannon
Shannon
Bersa .380CC
Firestorm Mini 45
Taurus 45/410
Tanfoglio 9mm Compact (Jericho)

randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 4

Post by randomoutburst »

lovemybersa wrote:@randomoutburst:
I don't put with a store that treats me that way. When I go into a store and ask to see a .45, DO NOT offer me a .22 instead! :mad5 I am not a feminazi but PUH-LEEZ! Why don't you call me "Little Lady" and pat me on the head while you are at it? :totap: I went into that same "well-known" pawn/gunshop in the Beaumont area and while I was checking out a gun, this guy tells me..."Does my heart good to see a pretty little gal that knows her way around a firearm!" I was not really offended by this, but I gotta ask, "Why?" Do you assume that most women don't know squat about guns? I may not know everything, but I have seen many a man in a gun store with absolutely NO muzzle awareness and completely clueless as to why I am dodging when he swings it my way. One guy laughed and said, "It's ok, it empty." When I asked how he KNEW he said, "Well, it's new and never been fired." Guess he missed Gun safety rule #1. Ok, stepping down from the soap box now! LOL :smilelol5:

Shannon
I've experienced what you've said here many a time. *sigh* The only reason I even bought anything from them was because I found something I wanted at a good price and didn't really want to keep searching. Haven't been back since, and I won't be.

TargetMaster and its staff has always treated me well, had conversations and shared opinions with me, and has never talked condescendingly to me. They benefitted from it, too; even though we no longer live near them, I drove down there to order my STI through them, and will be testing it there on the day I get it (hopefully sometime next month).

Red River Firearms up here in Sherman is good too; they just quoted me a longer wait time, otherwise I could have used them. ;-)

prometheus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by prometheus »

I dont want to be accused of posting a shamless plug, but I have had comperable experiences in many gun shops in my area(northeast dallas/I-30), B&S guns in Garland is HORRIBLE! 20rd box of Wolff .45ACP hardball for $55 +tax anyone? Customer service sucks, just a bad shop. Target master in garland off of Jupiter road, the sales women are nice, the guys there have a certain machismo to them, prices are absurd, and dont mention range fees, ASTRONOMICAL! I have found only one safe haven in my neck of the woods... Ammo Depot in Caddo Mills, its like the "Cheers" of gunstores, the small shop is always packed, ammo is resonably priced and plentiful(especially 5.56-.223), all of the people who work there are insanley friendly and helpful and I will never go anywhere else for my gun needs except for my reloading equipment I plan to buy, but I will buy all my supplies there, and if Mickey don't have it, I'm sure he will order it for me!

My Gear:
Kimber Pro Carry II (Stainless) .45 (Hornady crit defense)CCW
Rock River "Tactical Operator" 5.56 (workin on decking it out)Zombies
Remington 870 tactical 12ga (Ficoccio Flechette rounds)Home Defense
Bersa .380 Thunder(Speer gold dot)Mommas purse weight

"Wife asked me(about the AR-15), "What the hell do you need that for?" The only response I could come up with was "It's for when the zombies come baby" and thats all it took!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

prometheus wrote:

....the people who work there are insanley friendly...
Is this a good thing?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

+1 for Ammo Depot. "Insanely friendly" is 150% accurate. They are incredibly helpful and don't treat any question as "stupid". Trust me, I know.

I'll never darken the door at B&S again.

I wanted new night sights for my Sig. They would order exactly what I wanted, but I had to pay first. I don't have a problem with that, so I asked how much to install them. I wanted to pay for all of it at once. They said it would be a free install if I bought the sights from then. Cool! They gave me a receipt and said they would call me when they came in. The receipt even showed "Installation - $0.00".

Fast forward a few weeks... They hadn't called but I decided to stop in, with my pistol, to check. The sights had been there for a couple of weeks, but they hadn't called. I'm 100% sure they hadn't called because the only number I gave them was my cell. Then the guy tells me it will be $20 for the installation. "No it won't! I was told installation is free. See, my receipt even says so!"

The guy takes my pistol, sights & receipt into the back. He comes back and says, "The boss says we can't do that. You'll have to pay for the installation." "NOPE! I want my money back and you can keep the sights."

We're at the register and the lady cashier is about to process my refund when the guy I've been talking to says. "I'm not going to loose your business over this. May I have your gun again?" He goes to the back room again & returns with my pistol. The new sights are installed and my old ones are in the package.

I thanked him and walked out, never to return. I originally expected to pay for the installation and was willing to do so. They were the ones who told me it would be free and even put it on the receipt. It really got my goat that they wouldn't stand behind their word.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Oldgringo wrote:
prometheus wrote:

....the people who work there are insanley friendly...
Is this a good thing?
Heck yes this is a good thing, do you remember "Cheers"? when you go in there youre trying to remind yourself that you've never actually met these people before, but reminding yourself dosen't work and you go back to being instantly thier best friend again. Mickey(owner) is a very rich man, and rightfully so, he treats people like he wants to be treated, has an amazing sense of humor and above all, his shop is his retirement hobby, hes not there to make a billion dollars on one box of ammo, hes there to have fun and he makes double sure that all of his cutomers do the same. The banner on the front of his store says team glock, and they have a bunch of glocks in stock, but they all bow before the awesomeness of the kimber too, so 1911 guys are right at home there. You'll never get a "corporate" feeling there, and he has an awesome collection of some really big guns on display and dont miss the painball tanks he keeps in the parking lot :patriot:

Return to “Never Again!!”