WTS: Savage Combo Gun .222/20 Ga. DFW

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 3

WTS: Savage Combo Gun .222/20 Ga. DFW

Post by Greybeard »

Savage Model 24V Series C Serial No. 0354xxx. Original owner since approx. 1978. .222 Remington over 20 Gauge (2 3/4" or 3"). Full Choke. 24" Barrels. Sling attachment hardware front and rear, mounted and zeroed (100 yards) Tasco Bantam 3-9X Scope with Butler Creek flip up covers. $550 plus shipping. Approx. 30 to 40 rounds misc. .222 ammo included with local sale only. Seriously interested parties may schedule appointment to examine, possbibly fire at Denton County Sports indoor range.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Ropin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS: Savage Combo Gun .222/20 Ga. DFW

Post by Ropin »

Wow.

I remember as a kid, having a long gun with a similar set up to this one...might have even been the same make & model, I don't know. I had mentioned it to a friend of mine several months back, and he was dubious that my memory could be correct, since it's a fairly unusual setup by today's standard.

Thanks for the blast from my past and the proof that I'm not crazy. In a perfect world (or at least a better one), I would make an offer to take her off your hands, since I'm nearly certain that the one I had access to in my youth is no longer accessible to me. Good luck on the sale. :tiphat:
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Yep, Ropin, the Savage 24 is a real deal. They also made a number of the Model 24s in .22LR/.410 that were great for youngsters. At the time I got this one, the .222 cartridge was at the top of the heap in world class accuracy championships and I wanted something that would reach way out and precisely touch critters hard. If it does not sell before deer and turkey season ends this year, I may take it out to the lease for the sake of nostalgia. ;-)

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Will it help if I eat some of the customizing and knock off $100 ?

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Not in the market but wanted to comment on what a neat/beautiful gun that you have! :tiphat:

You mentioned the .22/.410, my Dad has one, that's what I grew up shooting with.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Very nice rifle, if it would not be the basis for a domestic discussion :nono: I would not mind adding that to the safe....
Salty1

Return to “Closed Items”