Preachers Church carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 2

Preachers Church carry

Post by wgoforth »

I was recently challenged by someone who didn't believe that preachers carry in Church services. I am curious how many of you are preachers and carry in services?
Thanks!
Wayne
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Preachers Church carry

Post by WildBill »

wgoforth wrote:I was recently challenged by someone who didn't believe that preachers carry in Church services. I am curious how many of you are preachers and carry in services?
Thanks!
Wayne
There are a few preachers on the forum. I am not one. I believe that every one of them had stated that they carry regularly. You will be hearing from them shortly. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

recently spent a few years in Colorado...(Texas before and now)...ask that question there, I'm not going to guess percentages but I will say they went way up after the church shootings I knew of a couple of pastors who carried, and yes, on Sundays.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Waco Kid

Post by Waco Kid »

Not a preacher here either, but I do know that I'm in one of the most heavily armed Sunday School classes in our church...

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RPB »

I do stand up front and "teach" when asked to do so, but I'm not a "preacher" (not yet "ordained" not sure I want to be time will tell), but our Pastor does, and my cousin, who preaches at our church alternating weeks with our Pastor does ... church near Austin. I'm pretty sure several other Central Texas "hill country" pastors do, but I can't recall which ones I've discussed it with offhand. I THINK another "cousin" pastoring in Dallas does.

Now another cousin pastoring in Abilene does, and one pastoring in Littlefield does, and one cousin preaching in Lubbock does
(Not all preachers in my denomination are necessarily Pastors, especially if recently ordained)

I can't even count easily the deacons who do, if I took an hour or so to think I know I'd come up with about 25 or so in Texas alone, because 4 in my local church do, and 3 in Littlefield (that I KNOW of) and several in Lubbock ..
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Pastor Jubilee Baptist Church in Diboll, Texas. My signature has been for yrs. "Carry 24-7 or guess right."
I carry in church, on my belt, while preaching. KelTec PF9 since I got it. Before that Kahr K40. It was the smallest thing I had.
If there is any perceived elevated threat level such as report of prison break down South, Rita or Ike,....I have no qualms about Sunday carrying my EDC & neither does any of our folks. Springer Champion.
No doubt 90%+ know I carry.
By count that I know for sure about 15% of any Sunday morning service has a CHL & at least 4 that are 24-7 & always there. We will run about 50-55 Sunday Morning.

I have been asked, "what about when you baptize?"
Answer! That is what waders are for.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

don't know about the father...but i reckon our deacon is carrying as is 1/2 or more of the men in the pews,
we are all range nuts

:anamatedbanana
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

In our church the pastor might not carry, but I can guarantee you the organist is packing a fully loaded Glock 19.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Our pastor, and associate pastor both carry in church along with many others
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

I know one choir member in my church, plus several in the congregation that carry in my church. I doubt the preacher does, however.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I carry, both my Associates carry, and many of my members carry.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RPB »

The friend who thinks Pastors shouldn't carry ... ask why Shepherds carried a rod and a staff.
and .... Why should a sheep be comforted by knowing a Shepherd HAS a rod and a staff?
(Psalm 23)(1 Sam 17:34-35)

(I can't work a slingshot)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

I can't speak for the pastor specifically (never discussed it)...but the organist frequently does, and at least 3 deacons I can think of are 24x7-types, plus about 15-20% of the congregation that I'm sure of.

Suffice it to say that many many churches in Texas are well-armed.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm not a pastor, but I do play in my church's worship band, and I carry on stage. As of this time, our worship pastor and at least 2 or 3 others of the band members are working on acquiring their CHLs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SecedeTX

Post by SecedeTX »

Out of my three priests, none carry, but one has a .22 rifle to get small game. Two of them do go on range days with us, and they enjoy shooting. That I know of, there are at least 10 CHL holders that attend on a regular basis.

I was at church today getting ready for a mini-festival for tomorrow. Out of the guys cutting veggies, and putting up tents....there were five armed (we are the 24/7 types)
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”