CHL holder traveling to Baton Rouge via Greyhound bus

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rayden
Posts in topic: 2

CHL holder traveling to Baton Rouge via Greyhound bus

Post by Rayden »

So I checked Greyhound's site and couldn't find any restrictions against actual firearm carried by CHL holder on board. They just had the genearal zero tolerance of things including weapons.

I did the search function and didn't really find any concrete answer, and most of the discussions were back in 2006 and 2007. So if I am traveling to Baton Rouge LA via Greyhound, can I carry my conceal handgun on board? TIA.

Topic author
Rayden
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL holder traveling to Baton Rouge via Greyhound bus

Post by Rayden »

.... it's from Houston TX to Baton Rouge LA.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Rayden wrote:So I checked Greyhound's site and couldn't find any restrictions against actual firearm carried by CHL holder on board. They just had the genearal zero tolerance of things including weapons.

I did the search function and didn't really find any concrete answer, and most of the discussions were back in 2006 and 2007. So if I am traveling to Baton Rouge LA via Greyhound, can I carry my conceal handgun on board? TIA.
If it's concealed, who will know?

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Russell wrote:In Texas, yes. You will need to check LA's gun laws to see if there is any restriction regarding public transportation:

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/LASL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I doubt LA has something analogous to the Texas 30.06 prescribed signage. In many states, simply posting anything to the effect of "no guns" or "no weapons" is sufficient. Check that part of LA law as well.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

NEB

Post by NEB »

Greyhound doesn't count as "public transportation" does it? I would think it depend on the company's policy.

--NEB

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

NEB wrote:Greyhound doesn't count as "public transportation" does it? I would think it depend on the company's policy.

--NEB
I was wondering the same thing since it's not owned by the government... yet.
Charlie

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

NEB wrote:Greyhound doesn't count as "public transportation" does it? I would think it depend on the company's policy.

--NEB
Greyhound is no more public transportation that the airlines. It is a publicly traded company owned by the shareholders. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

glocklvr

Post by glocklvr »

with the exception of the airlines I tend to assume if it doesn't specificly mention CHL it doesn't apply to CHL and carry accordingly but I have never ridden greyhound as an airline employee it is much cheaper and quicker to fly.
It is easier to get an airport security clearance than a CHL

jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Just wait 'till the TSA is using the nudoscopes before you board a bus, cross state lines, or ride on a metrorail..... :bigmouth

alvins

Post by alvins »

personally i wouldnt go anywhere in LA without a gun for any reason.

maxlib

Post by maxlib »

I travelled from East Texas to Pensacola on the ol greydog a year and a half ago. I had to transfer in Houston and upon re-boarding passengers were wanded. I didn't have a permit at the time and was not carrying. I was however carrying a new Case pocket knife that I bought as a retirement present for myself. I had bought some food and slipped the knife in the food bag and set the bag down with my other pocket contents before being wanded. I had no idea if it would have been a problem or not and didn't want to take any chances. As far as the policy and laws concerning this I have no clue.
“No, that is the great fallacy; the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful”. Count Greffi, A Farewell To Arms, Ernest Hemmingway

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”