Is the NRA as "pushy" as they once where?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gordonramsay
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is the NRA as "pushy" as they once where?

Post by gordonramsay »

Every time I go to a gunshow I get asked to join....as I would, but they have to get all political and start naming names. While this is their right, it kinda turns me off to the whole group.

Having an NRA booth spouting anti-gov language in my case is a no-no as it kinda goes makes us gun owners and CHL'ers look like bloodthirsty hooligans.

This is coming from a guy who votes GOP, Liberal and Independent.
NSSA/NSCA

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

gordonramsay wrote:
This is coming from a guy who votes GOP, Liberal and Independent.
:thumbs2: Keep up the good work!

You are absolutely correct; the NRA, while not for everyone, is the most vocal proponent of my 2A RKBA. I do suport their efforts with my membership dues. Who is looking out for your RKBA?

Paragrouper

Post by Paragrouper »

G26ster wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:It's easy enough.
Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.
I clicked the email link above, and in 10 minutes I had a reply removing me from the promote list. Just provide your full name and address in you email.

My first day on this forum and I learned something incredibly important--how to shut down the NRA marketing machine. I don't mind the official traffic and the legislative alerts are very important, but I don't want the health insurance and I will never join the wine club!

That email was sent real fast.

Thanks,
DCC
"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

Paragrouper wrote:.... but I don't want the health insurance and I will never join the wine club!
How about a "Beer of the Week" club? You might think I speak in jest but I assure you, I do not.

I wouldn't mind a club that emailed out coupons for various European or Mexican beers that I normally would never try. Heck, they've already crossed the line with mixing alcohol and guns; they may as well offer a service that the rank and file NRA member would be interested in.

Hey, but whaddaIknow?? I'm just some dude........ :confused5 :confused5 :confused5 :confused5
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

dicion

Post by dicion »

Paragrouper wrote:
G26ster wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:It's easy enough.
Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.
I clicked the email link above, and in 10 minutes I had a reply removing me from the promote list. Just provide your full name and address in you email.

My first day on this forum and I learned something incredibly important--how to shut down the NRA marketing machine. I don't mind the official traffic and the legislative alerts are very important, but I don't want the health insurance and I will never join the wine club!

That email was sent real fast.

Thanks,
Indeed, same here, basically you just email them saying to add you to the 'do not promote' list. Since I've done that, I've gotten nothing but my magazine, and a renewal notification.

Return to “National Rifle Association”