Looking for acft. mechanic work in DFW area (or within TX)

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Looking for acft. mechanic work in DFW area (or within TX)

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Well, I'm finally getting close to the end of my "schooling". I got my FAA Certificated Mechanic with Airframe completed in December, and I'm in my last semester of Powerplant classes, so I should have that later this summer, too. (I've attended an actual Part 147 school for almost the past 2 years using my GI Bill.) I have 20 years of working on aircraft for the USAF as an electrician and auxiliary systems technician, as well as a lot of general mechanic work, on 5 different airframes, and various levels of shop and flightline supervisor. I'm weakest on structural maintenance. I'm not asking anyone on here for a job; I'm just looking for some good leads, someplace that maybe I can go and talk to a human being face-to-face instead of submitting my resume on a computer. Military experience doesn't always translate so well onto "paper". I deployed a lot in the Air Force, so I'm hoping for a job that won't have me hopping on board a bird and jetting off every other day...flightline, repair shop, inspections, any of that would be fine with me...otherwise, I'm not picky, I just don't want to travel and that is about it. Thank you all and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for acft. mechanic work in DFW area (or within T

Post by OldCannon »

Bell Helicopter/Textron in Arlington and, of course, Lockheed, often have open houses. Your best bet is to join a local Professional Aviation Maintenance Assocation (pama.org) and talk to people there and on their forums. :tiphat:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for acft. mechanic work in DFW area (or within T

Post by snatchel »

I've got a brother that is a shop manager for Bell Helicopter in Amarillo. I just sent him a buddy of mine from back in the military days for an opening... if I hear anything new I'll let you know.
No More Signature

Return to “Job Board”