I'm looking for work in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena area.

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
x007x
Posts in topic: 2

I'm looking for work in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena area.

Post by x007x »

Hello, I am looking for gun retail, or a warehouse job near or in Houston, Pasadena, Baytown area. I have a constant and reiable transportation of my own. I am a gun enthusiast, and always seeking more knowledge for guns, and gun accessories. I am a people person and always willing to meet new people to further my career. I also do have a flexiable schedule available for your convience.
I have close to 2 years of experience in warehouse distribution center, and experience with forklift type equipment, and knowledge with Excel, Word.
I have a resume ready.

P.M. me for resume.
Thank You.
-CHL-
-NRA-

posse

Re: I'm looking for work in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena area.

Post by posse »

One thing that worked for me when I was looking for a job was showing up in person during business hours dressed professionally and asking if they knew of any openings for a financial analyst in their industry. Notice that I didn't ask if they were hiring. Some were hiring, some told me about opportunities at other companies, and some got me nothing. A lot were dead ends to be honest, but it was still a better response rate than I got from applying online to jobs that were posted on company websites. I think that's because it's easy to apply online so any postings get dozens or hundreds of responses. This gave me leads on several openings before they were posted online. It was more work but it was worth it.

Dressed professionally means different things for different jobs, but I mean dress like you would if you had the job or maybe a little bit nicer. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and it may be the store manager or warehouse foreman who comes up front to talk to you.

Topic author
x007x
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I'm looking for work in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena area.

Post by x007x »

Thank you, Yes I actaully have gone too atleast 10 different stores in person, and dressed professionally.
-CHL-
-NRA-

Return to “Job Board”