Funniest LEO contact I ever had just minutes ago

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Funniest LEO contact I ever had just minutes ago

Post by RPB »

I'm watching TV, door bell rings, I get up, look through door's window and see a shadow, no one on the porch, I have no shirt on and a holstered Glock IWB hanging out. I ease open the door, and see a Police Officer, look past him and see the Police car (I should have looked out the other window and seen it before opening the door)

As soon as I realize it's real Police, I casually put 1 hand high up on the door jamb, the other high up leaning on the door (not reaching for my gun)

Officer says: Did you call about the Geese?
Me: what? what geese? Seriously? Geese? I've been watching TV, ... Geese? what?
Officer turns away to keep from busting out laughing but I saw the smile as he turned and went back to his car and left.

I turn on scanner ... minutes later "Geese have moved on, I'm back in service"
"That's clear"

Now my eyes are watery from laughing and I wonder who reported geese and where and what the geese were doing to bother someone "rlol"

(All I ever reported was a porcupine, about 2 years ago ... the only one seen in town, but I called Animal Control to check for rabies, not Police) :smilelol5:
Last edited by RPB on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Funiest LEO contact I ever had just minutes ago

Post by WildBill »

Very strange LEO contact indeed. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Funniest LEO contact I ever had just minutes ago

Post by gigag04 »

In before the obligatory "I wouldn't have told the cops anything without a warrant" comments

:rules:

"rlol"
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I can see it now..."Officer after a dangerous gaggle goes to wrong address...shoots family goose..."

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

gigag04 wrote:In before the obligatory "I wouldn't have told the cops anything without a warrant" comments

"rlol"
25 years at a law office, and preparing clients for depositions ... and my boss's voice is in my head now ...
"Why did you say you were watching TV? You shouldn't volunteer information not asked for"

:lol:

There is another street in town that sounds like and is often mistaken for my street name ... I"m guessing the geese were 2 miles away or so on the other street.
Last edited by RPB on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

speedsix wrote:...I can see it now..."Officer after a dangerous gaggle goes to wrong address...shoots family goose..."
"rlol"

Bob in Big D

Post by Bob in Big D »

I'm wondering who would call the police to report geese....... "rlol"
Seriously, even why they responded and didn't turn it over to animal control.
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...or maybe he was watchin' " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with all the speakers cranked too high...that's my theory...

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Bob in Big D wrote:I'm wondering who would call the police to report geese....... "rlol"
Most people in this real small country town of 2,500 residents are retired (some may be leaning towards senile) or ... kids are on Summer vacation now. I"m just guessing an aggressive goose was chasing someone's chihuahua or something (they do chase kids down at Lake Marble Falls parks) "rlol"

Small town, not much crime, police probably responded instead of animal control for the amusement factor.
I recall that the animal control lady thought porcupines could shoot quills like arrows ... if she still works there ... perhaps geese scare her :lol:
I'm no lawyer

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Geese can be pretty nasty, maybe someone was being harassed by them.

Many years ago I arrived to pick up my date, Mary, at her family's farm, having just listened to "The Association" doing "Along Comes Mary" on the car radio, purely by chance, no tape in cars yet. When I got out of the car to go up to the door and get my date, the geese rounded the corner of the barn. Mary thought it was hilarious, I didn't, being trapped in my car after retreating from the various nips and wing beatings. It didn't work out with Mary, for other reasons, but I still like that song.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jimlongley wrote:Geese can be pretty nasty, maybe someone was being harassed by them.
I have heard that some people have "guard geese" instead of dogs.
NRA Endowment Member

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

My FIL had a gander that I was afraid of. You had to run from the car to the house door and hope it opened quickly. The gander would grab what ever part of you he could get a hold of and twist. Made for some nasty marks on your skin. Made dating his (FIL) daughter hazardous.
N5PNZ

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

gigag04 wrote:In before the obligatory "I wouldn't have told the cops anything without a warrant" comments

"rlol"
Although the comment above is pure awesomeness...

Never mind talking to them, I wouldn't have even opened the door. A cop, someone from the power company, someone from the gas company, a Rabbi, a solicitor, a street missionary, or any one I don't know falls into the same category; a stranger that I have zero obligation to open the door for. I'll stick with my standard "Can I help you?, I would open the door but I can't trust my dog." If after this conversation there was some real need to be addressed (i.e. the cop says he thinks there may be a prowler in my backyard) I would have to make a decision at that point on how to move forward.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/ne ... 7871.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COLUMBUS -- A second suspect is behind bars in connection with a home invasion involving bogus police officers.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Bob in Big D wrote:I'm wondering who would call the police to report geese....... "rlol"

If ACOs are off, patrol will take most animal calls other than full traps, animal attacks, and animal in custody calls. Patrol will field animal at large, dangerous animal, and barking dog calls. In my experience we are less than enthusiastic about such calls, but respond none-the-less.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Just think how this might have turned out had someone reported a murder of crows! :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”