+200 Yard Rifle Range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: +200 Yard Rifle Range

Post by Beiruty »

Here you go: 500 yrds range: http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AEA »

Just don't go on a damp/rainy day! You will be up to you knees in mud! Otherwise, a good and friendly range.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

I have been going up to Magnum Sports in Sanger, it only goes out to 200 yards but is fairly close and very user friendly, $15 to shoot as long as you want. On Sunday there were 8 of us there, we all brought various firearms and had a great time, even brought the Winchester 1873 with the black powder cartridges, loved the smoke that comes out when fired, not so accurate though.....

Salty1

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

that looks like a pretty informal range!
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

labrat1001001 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Here you go: 500 yrds range: http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perfect. Thanks Beriuty.
Range rules say, "FMJ ammo may only be fired at 100 yards."

rwilso

Post by rwilso »

I use Gibson's Outpost's 200 yard range also. But I am having serious doubts that it is really 200 yards after walking it about 25 times over the past couple of months. According to my ballistic charts for the ammo I have used it looks to me that it falls around 150 yards. The walk to the 100 yard is longer than the walk to the 100 yard to the 200 yard

Has anyone else had the same thoughts?
NRA member

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

rwilso wrote:I use Gibson's Outpost's 200 yard range also. But I am having serious doubts that it is really 200 yards after walking it about 25 times over the past couple of months. According to my ballistic charts for the ammo I have used it looks to me that it falls around 150 yards. The walk to the 100 yard is longer than the walk to the 100 yard to the 200 yard

No one with a rangefinder has scoped it?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

What is the address? With Google earth you can have exact measurements 400 miles from above.
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

rwilso wrote:I use Gibson's Outpost's 200 yard range also. But I am having serious doubts that it is really 200 yards after walking it about 25 times over the past couple of months. According to my ballistic charts for the ammo I have used it looks to me that it falls around 150 yards. The walk to the 100 yard is longer than the walk to the 100 yard to the 200 yard

As per Google earth. is is no more than 190 yrds to the tree lines on the longest range.
Beiruty,

rwilso

Post by rwilso »

Beiruty wrote:

As per Google earth. is is no more than 190 yrds to the tree lines on the longest range.

Wow!!! That tree line is a good 16-20 yards from the 200 yard target. Thanks! I will check GE out.
NRA member

rwilso

Post by rwilso »

rwilso wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

Sorry, I was wrong. after looking at Google Earth on my desktop and a iPhone App that measures distance and area I now know with confidence that Gibsons 200 yard, 100 yard, and 50 yard targets are correct. The iPhone App used a winter picture that I could see the target set up through the tree line.

I guess I have learned that I have to document my bullets real world ballistics by the way my guns shoots them. That makes BDC and Nickon SpotOn almost worthless.
NRA member

Return to “Shooting Ranges”