Need some help on 7/21 up in Sherman....

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Need some help on 7/21 up in Sherman....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A friend of mine from California sent me an email this morning. Her daughter and SIL are moving to Sherman for a year and have found a house to rent there. Her mom and dad are friends of mine from my old adult Sunday School class back in Pasadena and we've known them for 18 years. Anyway, the daughter is going to be doing a one year internship there for her doctorate in Psychology, and her dad is drivin a U-Haul trailer out from California with their possessions. Mom is flying into DFW on 7/20, and I'll be picking her up at the airport and driving her up to Sherman. The son in law had a stroke back in September, and although he's continuing to recover, he's still not very strong, and the four of them are not going to be able to do the heavy lifting of unloading stuff from the trailer.

Anyway, my friends are asking if I can rustle up a couple of strong backs to help for a couple of hours on Saturday the 21st. I can't really lift anything anymore, although I make a dandy supervisor. :mrgreen: So my friend says she's willing to "hire" a couple of guys, so I assume that means she's willing to pay them. I'm willing to kick in some extra money too if necessary to help make that happen. It won't be much, but it could help to pay a bill or two, and like I said, it'll only be for a couple of hours.

These are fine Christian folks and they've been solid friends to me over the years. I'd sure like to be able to come through for them.........plus, hey! .....you'll get to see some of those funny lookin' Caleefornee folks! :mrgreen:

So if any of you guys up in the Sherman area might be available for such a project for a couple of hours on Saturday 7/21, PM me to let me know and we'll exchange contact information.

Thanks for reading this.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need some help on 7/21 up in Sherman....

Post by 2farnorth »

Wish I could. Not only will I be working most of that day but I'm in pretty much the same shape as you. Arthritis in the back and hands/wrists. Live on Alieve and plaquenil.
I understand Californians. (The people not the politics) Lived in San Bernardino, Riverside, Hemet, and Fairfield. Wife still has relatives in Roseville. Hope some guys respond affirmatively to your request.
N5PNZ

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Well I appreciate the thought anyway. Hopefully someone will be able to help.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

If i'm up in DFW, i'm your man free of charge. We are going to be up there the following weekend for a Rangers game.. so we might not come on the weekend you need us. I'll keep you posted.
No More Signature

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

snatchel wrote:If i'm up in DFW, i'm your man free of charge. We are going to be up there the following weekend for a Rangers game.. so we might not come on the weekend you need us. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks snatchel. I'll keep my eye/ear peeled.

#TINVOWOOT

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I'm in the Sherman area but unfortunately to old and not as strong as I once was. Now if you want to meet up later for coffee or whatever, just let me know time and place.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Bump.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

The Annoyed Man wrote:Bump.
......and........again.

#TINVOWOOT

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

TAM,

When my friend moved to Florida last summer, she got a referral from the UHaul place for some movers to provide labor.
UHaul uses a network of movers to provide loading and unloading services.
It sure made things easy!
They had three young men show up and they did ALL the labor. We sat back and told them where to put the boxes and furniture. :coolgleamA:

She rented a 26' truck (largest one they had) and they charged her $240 to unload it.

She had it packed to the gills and they had it unloaded in about 3 hours.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

ddstuder wrote:TAM,

When my friend moved to Florida last summer, she got a referral from the UHaul place for some movers to provide labor.
They had three young men show up and they did ALL the labor. We sat back and told them where to put the boxes and furniture. :coolgleamA:

She rented a 26' truck (largest one they had) and they charged her $240 to unload it.

Yeah, both she and I know she can do that, but I was hoping that I could do it in a more personal manner, and offer friends/acquaintances a chance to make a few bucks and to show her daughter and SIL a little Texas hospitality.

But I understand that it might not work for anybody's schedule. I just thought I would take a shot at it.

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

My landscaper did good job moving some furniture the last time I asked him for help. I am not sure if he will drive to Sherman. He is trusted and super hard worker with limited English skills.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ddstuder wrote:TAM,

Yeah, both she and I know she can do that, but I was hoping that I could do it in a more personal manner, and offer friends/acquaintances a chance to make a few bucks and to show her daughter and SIL a little Texas hospitality.

But I understand that it might not work for anybody's schedule. I just thought I would take a shot at it.
You might have better luck posting your request on a site that isn't frequented mostly by decrepit old men. ;-)

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I represent that remark! :biggrinjester:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

.[/quote]

You might have better luck posting your request on a site that isn't frequented mostly by decrepit old men. ;-)[/quote]

I resemble that
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

RPBrown wrote:
You might have better luck posting your request on a site that isn't frequented mostly by decrepit old men. ;-)
I resemble that
So do I, which is another reason I was asking. I'll ask around at church tonight.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Job Board”